Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is The AT Pro A Good Beach Machine ?

E-Trac-Ohio

Hi Guy's - It's amazing how many good things I've heard and read about the AT Pro !

My Wife And Daughter would like to get into doing some beach and shallow water hunting at some of the local state parks and on some salt water beaches when we go on vacation.They also want a good all around machine for hunting on land ... now and then.

So ...here's my question - Do you think the Garrett AT Pro would be the best all around detector for them to buy ?

Thanks in advance for your replies and good hunting !

"would it be the best...." is surely a loaded and debatable question. There are probably better and there are surely worse.

Being a value shopper, for me It's all about price and performance and as far as those factors go, the ATPro is certainly a top choice and hard to beat value.

IMO - The ATPro is a great all around and general purpose metal detector. It works everywhere I've ever used it and has never disappointed. I think it's an excellent choice for the situations you describe.

For an all purpose detector the at pro is hard to beat for the money. For the situations you describe what you want it for it cannot be beat for the price. It is very accurate on I'd to about 7 inches. For clad h in ting in parks and play grounds it is excellent and just seems to find treasure. You don't have to worry about hunting in the rain or accidently dropping it in the water. Very rugged and dependable all around detector. I will never sell mine.

When I had one I mostly hunted the beaches around Daytona and even in the Caribbean one time. I never had any complaints and it worked very well for me. Some say it's not a beach machine, well, I think it was pretty good. And for an all around detector it can't be beat. I sold it for the ATX otherwise I would still be using it on the beaches. So to answer your question-yes it's a GREAT all around detector. Easy to use, very simple to set up and great signals. Go for it.

In fresh water it's the same as land detecting. Works exactly the same.

Salt water beaches "dry sand" it works just like on land.

Salt water "wet sand and in the water" I've used it several times thy to waist deep and it works fine. You need to ground balance it differently (auto + manual) and play with sensitivity to minimize chatter but when you hit a target you'll definitely know it. I've only used my ATPro on New England salt water beaches. Salt water detecting is definitely more challenging than any other detecting i'd done and takes a lot of patience.

Heck, I used to find good stuff in wet salted sand even with the ACE 250 and the ATPro is much better in that environment.