Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the standard equipped headphone plug waterproof?

Old California

Naturally, The waterproof headset is water proof but with the stock headset is the headphone plug waterproof? Not the wireless set but the standard equipped headset.

At least waterproof at the connector area allowing the user to wad in fresh water lakes, that would be great if it is.

Appreciate any comments from those that know,
Thanks, Paul (Ca)

Based upon the information supplied in the brochure I'm gonna say no. It looks like the 1/4" module that plugs into the waterproof connector isn't waterproof nor are the headphones. I would think your best bet would be to remove the module and use the wireless speaker on your person around the shoulders or in a shirt pocket. You could also plug the headphones into this. Keep in mind though that the wireless module isn't waterproof either. The safe bet would be to purchase the waterproof headphones to be honest.

Thank you Gemini,

Was hoping to use the CTX in the water the first day if I was to order one, figured the waterproof headset wouldn't be available for a while but if it is will surely purchase it.

Thanks again, appreciate the information.
Paul (Ca)