Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there some kind of cap to cover the headphone jack?

Hi,

I just got a CTX a few weeks ago and I have been using the wireless setup.
Silly question: Is there a cap or plug for the headphone jack by the battery to keep the unit sealed against getting water in from rain or water hunting? If there is I don't have it. If its needed where do I get one?

Thanks

Read the manual, it's online. Amazing what you can learn from it.

Ohio...yes and yes. A “dummy plug” of sorts,and when you have the headphone module completely removed there’s a “dummy plug” that screws into the port it leaves open as a result of the module being absent. It’s super easy to lose the plastic plug that comes with it so you’ll have to see if ML can send you one if you bought the machine used and the plug gone.

Thanks. Yes I know about the module plug. I want to leave the module on but keep any water out in case I get caught in the rain. Or if my wireless unit battery runs low I can just plug the headphones in without fiddling around putting it back on. Yes I have the correct wired headphones for it

If you're referring to the standard 1/4" headphones jack port on the wireless module I have not seen one.
If there's any chance I'll be in water, regardless of depth, I take the wireless module off and screw on my GG waterproof headphones.

I bought an automotive rubber stop. I had to trim the small end just a bit, but it plugs the hole and keeps dirt etc from getting in the port.

C&RHunter said:
I bought an automotive rubber stop. I had to trim the small end just a bit, but it plugs the hole and keeps dirt etc from getting in the port.

Good idea,just a small bump stop looks like it works well.

Thanks IDX,

That's what I'm looking for.

Looking back I probably should have worded my post differently. I did a quick type and post last night that may have been confusing to some about what I was trying to say.

I was thinking about a dummy plug that used to come years ago in the port on some of the Whites machines when you opened the box to assemble them. Kept dust and dirt out.

That may be a stop for a glove box door on a mid ‘60s GM product. I got it when my CTX was new 6 years ago.

Ohio Coinhunter said:
Is there a cap or plug for the headphone jack by the battery to keep the unit sealed against getting water in from rain or water hunting?

Just keep in mind, that even with a rubber plug in the 1/4 jack, that adapter is not waterproof, nor was it ever meant to be.

A plug will help keep out dirt and other foreign objects, but I suspect a very light rain will be the limit...
(Certainly no immersion when water hunting.)

I take mine off, and carry it with me (in a zip-lock baggie) should the wireless die.
It takes all of 10 seconds to remove/replace....
mike