Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is this a bug with the simplex?

Bill_S

Nickels come in at 25 most of the time (air test) on the simplex in F2. If I use the frequency shift and choose F1 it will now make the nickel ID a 20. It does not seem to affect the other coins ID numbers. This doesn't seem right. I have the latest update. Does anyone else have this happen?

I dont have a Simplex yet, but been considering one and reading all that I can. Now I know on my Sovereign GT it has a freq shift as it is band one and band 2 and notice this same thing as in band 1 the nickles read a bit lower, but in band 2 they are reading normal while other coins read the same on on either band 1 or 2. I have a SunRay DTI 3 meter and the numbers on the nickle are are 3 or 4 number different if I remember right.
It must be something with the different freq which changes to low conductivity targets, but dont effect the higher ones.
Now we will see if any one has this problem with the Simplex .

Rick

On the Multi Kruzer the three separate frequencies will provide a unique ID for each target in each frequency - This was a problem pointed out by Pre-production-testers.

They then made a default program you can turn on or off to provide a universal ID scale no matter which frequency you use to avoid ID confusion. Imagine having to memorize 3 different ID scales.

Using the default program a nickel would ID @ 30 in 5, 14 or 19 kHz

Perhaps this is what you are experiencing, a change in frequency is changing ID # slightly. I would expect all numbers to shift slightly though.

I think you are talking about what is called normalization. I don't know if this is the same thing or not as not all the ID numbers are affected. Maybe something in software.

Sounds like a bug. EMI frequency shifting normally isn't enough to change VDI numbers 5 points.

HH
Mike

F3 same VDI 25. I would also like to see an update that will allow you to return to the same setting you were last working with when you press the configure button after a timeout

F2 is the default frequency. In the manual it says > IMPORTANT! Frequency shift may impair performance. Therefore, it is suggested that you do not shift the frequency unless it is necessary..

Yes, it is normal. No, it is not a bug. All detectors will do this to a certain point. Even the XP Deus will do this, but it has an 'ID Normal' setting that normalizes the VID. Other detectors have that feature as well. You need to remember, the Simplex+ is an entry level detector for a reason. For the price, it can not be beat.