Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is this a Coin or Medal

I found this in the same area from my other What Is it. I've have been checking my World Coin Books from the1700 to 1800--1800 to 1900 and New Coins from 2000 and up..I tried to compare it to the Quick Identifier for World Coins-Notice the(cross in the circle in the Middle ) the Reverse has more element's that the Front . Thanks -goldnugget A ruler is on the bottom for size

Seriously doubt its a coin; no date, no country of origin, no denomination or any text.
What metal is it made out of? Looks like copper or brass from the green tarnish!

A cufflink? A button? A medal? An ornament of some kind? Or maybe an antique version of a token?

There appears to be no chain hole for a necklace type medal.
There is a curious small circular indentation which should be a big clue.
If its a pin-on type medal, button or cufflink, maybe the fastener was anchored in that indentation in preparation for soldering it on.

Interesting find!!

Looks to be crudely made...maybe that indentation on one side is just an imperfection from casting? At first I thought it may be a Native American symbol cause they(some) would use the cross in the circle as an earth symbol and rays for the sun.? What you have could also be a Wotan Cross... a symbol to represent the different solstice...spring, summer, autumn, winter?