Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is This A Real Silver Ring?

5900_XL-1

Found this from a sidewalk tear out in an old city park.

Attachments

• 045E6D11-0FD2-4390-A434-9777241A8E52.jpeg
    045E6D11-0FD2-4390-A434-9777241A8E52.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 7F245169-9D33-4A6D-BEE0-0DADF95F235C_1_201_a.jpeg
    7F245169-9D33-4A6D-BEE0-0DADF95F235C_1_201_a.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 164
Due to the patina it has, and it seems that it also has rust, it does not look like silver. However I can guess 925 at the end of a few letters and that puzzles me.

Attachments

• 20220211_084147.jpg
    20220211_084147.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 84
Thanks all. The outer band cleaned with a toothbrush to a dull silver hue in a minute with just soap. The 925 label is in a valley before the stones is it couldn't be cleaned except with electrolysis. With the Vdi numbers I'd have to call it silver. What looks like rust is what my USB light on the camera does to many of my past silvers. I could test it with an acid test but I think I will get some baking soda and try the foil and boiling water, just for fun. It was nice getting the feedback.

I think it is silver… I have found rings and even coins that looked like that yet they are silver.
When in question, I place the ring on an ice cube.. if the ice starts melting immediately where the silver piece is touching it, it is silver.

To be sure one way or the other, probably need to get it tested. I have found some pretty nasty silver pieces over the years, but never one that was rusted and wouldn't clean up some with a good cloth rubbing. HH jim tn

That's silver all day long!! I hunt the beaches so salt water can do a number on silver. Yes silver will turn a very dark gray when tarnished. If we find a silver ring looking that on a beach it's been lost for 6 months to a year. Another thing too your ring is made in Thailand which is where most of the silver jewelry is coming from. 90% of our silver jewelry found on the beach is stamped with Thailand mark.

Last edited:
Most jewelers or gem shops eill do a quick acid test for no cost…… but I think its silver too