Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is this normal..???

mikezap

Just got my etrac, took it out for the first time yesterday after it had stopped raining, though the ground was still a bit damp (dew like water droplets)... Detector seemed to be working ok for a few minutes, then it started making the iron tone over and over like ..buh buh buh buh buh buh that many times on each swing both ways, so i went back to the area that i was working a few minutes before and it was still doing it where it wasnt when i first started. This went on for like 15 more minutes before i gave up. Took it home and dried it all out. Went back outside a couple hours later and tried again, the exact same thing happend but this time it took longer (gettin frustrated at this point). So i dried it all off again and put it away for the night. Got out this morning went to a different spot where the ground seemed to be dryer, and it worked ok for about an hour until i moved into an area that had more wet grass and it started again. Took it home for a few hours and went back out..by this time almost all the ground was dry and I didnt have that particular problem, though i didnt find anything except a few nails. Fast forward to earlier 2nite when the dew came up out of the ground, i took it out to my yard to test it out on a quarter i have buried there...ground was very dewy and coil got perdy wet real fast. After only about 2 minutes it started doing it again. Earlier in the day today i unhooked the cable, and reconnected it and tightened it up, I checked the coil for cracks but i couldnt visibly see anything. I was running the factory coins program for the most part. Also on a side note, when the coil was doing all this stuff, I lifted it up in the air about 4 feet, and ran my finger around the coil, it made the exact same noises from the pressure of my finger on the coil. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Really sounds like you have a defect coil. I have no issues in similar or worse situations.

Try another coil if you can borrow one and problem should go away, if it re-appears with a different coil it's the control box electronics causing your problem. That way you will know which part to send back.

If your dealer is close, try asking him/her for a loan of a coil while yours gets repaired under warranty.

Don't be discouraged, once you have it sorted out you will love the e-trac.

Good luck,
Greg

Good point. You can always do the reset to put it back in the coin mode and guarantee that you haven't modified something that is creating the problem and you just don't remember. It does stay in the last setting it was in when you turned it off. So it could be in pinpoint or some other accidental bizzare setting that happened while you were adjusting things. It's an easy one to check and rule out user setting errors.
How about foreign material under the coil cover. Doesn't take much to pop it off and see if it's clean. Black sand will give you problems.

did a master reset on 2 different occasions. The only foreign material inside was some moisture...i did notice a very small line on the bottom of the coil at the 2 oclock" position, but it looks like a mold line.