Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is weight and balance an issue

Gerry

Folks using the CTX, how does it compare to an MXT or E Trac using the standard shaft set ups for weight and the balance. I am toying with buying one but want a machine that I can swing for three hours or so without stopping to take a break.

Gerry

There are 3-4 posts where this has been addressed by users who just received their CTX in the last 2 days, just do a little reading. Balance & weight not an issue.

ok am a lady and i am 63 years old of course i was worried minelab had got it wrong but NOPE the weight is not an issue but i am also able to swing the etrac for six hours with the large coil. if you watch a video with i think a swedish guy he shows how you can balance it at the screen point on one finger showing the balance at that point to be equal
so when actually swinging the unit half the weight is behind the elbow and makes for a comfortable no effort swing although you have just gotta put it down regular anyway to dig them darn TARGETS

I swung one today and it is much better balanced and more ergonomic than my E-Trac. I was concerned that it was going to be bulky, but I can envision myself swinging the CTX for days on end without any wrist or arm fatigue.

You can't compare the feel of the CTX 3030 to the E-Trac whatsoever. The CTX 3030 is perfectly balanced and is a pleasure to swing. I have a bad back and so it takes me all of 20 minutes to figure out if I will have problems with swinging a particular detector or not. The E-Trac would start hurting my back very quickly and so I used one of Doc's Swingy Thingy's and it solved the problem. I have swung the CTX 3030 for a total of about 15-20 hours now and have had zero problems with my back. The balance is really great and I guarantee that if you didn't know that the CTX was heavier, you would never know it. This is a cool machine and I am starting to like it more in the last few hours of use then when I first started testing it. This detector is growing on me, that's for sure. A couple of days ago I didn't know exactly how I felt about it, but after using it all day today, I have to say it is certainly proving to be a major contender. Hope this helps. HH -Marc

I have a V3i, after using it for the last couple years, the CTX feels light as a feather.

Gerry,

I just got back from hunting with the CTX 3030 about an hour ago and never changed arms in almost 3 1/2 hrs. It is so well balanced it does not feel like it weighs 5.2 lb. It feels lighter than the E-trac which I have used since it came out. I got a 1887 IH, 1862 Seated Dime and 1920-D Wheat Cent while hunting and old school site loaded with trash. The actual coins were not in that heavy of trash but there was a iron reading on the screen along with the IH but not actually in the hole with it. It must have been very close by though. I didn't widen the hole to find it.

Ralph (Sun Ray)
Sun Ray Detector Electronics
Cetified Minelab Dealer since 1993

As far as I am concerned with the CTX being so well balanced it feels lighter than my E-Trac. To me the XP Deux, being only 2.2 lbs, feels only slightly lighter than the CTX since it is a bit coil heavy. I don't own either but got to play with each last weekend at our Annual Hunt. Don't forget the thing about the XP is only my opinion and I realize that others will have a different one.

Bill