Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Isn't it time to be irritating Minelab with calls to bring out some new coils for the Eq?

So far, we have only 3 coils for the Eqs but really have never had a definitive answer from Minelab if we will ever get another coil. After seeing the performance of the 5x8 on the Vanquish 540, I would love to have one on the Equinox. I found the 6" would be nice to have but I rather like the look of the 5x8 which would be good in-between coil in terms of sensitivity and coverage.

I think three that are out cover it pretty well. Get out there

So far, we have only 3 coils for the Eqs but really have never had a definitive answer from Minelab if we will ever get another coil. After seeing the performance of the 5x8 on the Vanquish 540, I would love to have one on the Equinox. I found the 6" would be nice to have but I rather like the look of the 5x8 which would be good in-between coil in terms of sensitivity and coverage.
I don't have an Equinox, bu8t have poner4d on getting one a few times. I currently have ample detectors for the sites I mainly hunt, and amongst my Outfit are two Vanquish 540 Pro Packs. Why? I figured they might handle some of my needs with a dash of Equinox performance, and I was right. They do, and they also have two very decent search coils for where I'll use them, especially the 5X8 DD. It not only works well, but I happen to like how it looks.

I like the 6" DD for the Equinox 800's I have borrowed briefly to check them out and my friends had the 6' DD mounted at the time. To me, and for much of my hunting. I like 5" to 6" round search coils for working trashier sites. As a 'mid-sized' coil, I like a 7" Concentric or a Double-D in the 5X8 to 5X9½ size-range. I've used Minelab's since the GT 1600 in the late '80s, ad have owned Sovereigns an Explorer series models and three X-Terra units, and I have a few things that kind of both me about Minelab. One is that their Owner Manuals are not very good and lack ample clear information. I just read the X-T 705, Vanquish 340 and 540, and EQ-800 manuals the past four days and noted there was a lot of information or clarity not provided.

Another thing is that they never come out and fully explain, in an honest, straight-forards answer, just what Frequencies are used and how many actually are working with their Simultaneous Multi-Frequency devices. Way too much vagueness and that leaves many foelks guessing and thn spouting out a lot of incorrect information based on what they believe or feel might be happening.

The other thing is the search coil design and other things. Such as, why the Vanquish Multi-IQ concept? Why didn't they simply use the Equinox basic design and put it in the very attractive and nicely-balanced Vanquish package just like it is, but based on the Equinox? Just Multi-IQ only and eliminate a lot of the extra adjustment functions and features, just like the Vanquish lacks now. Just a 'simplified' EQ in a Vanquish package that didn't provide any Automated or Manual Ground Balance or other functions the Equinox offers, and then make the coils like they did, but the EQ. and Vanquish would share the same search coils and basic functions. Just keep the Vanquish a simpler "turn-on-and-go" model (meaning no adjustable GB) and look at the search coils available foe them! I'd have a 6" if desired, and someone else could have a 5X8 DD for their Equinox.

For me, the main interest I have in the EQ-800 is to also have the 6" DD coil as it would be a primary-use search coil. A good 90% of my detecting for decades has been with smaller-size search coils because I haunt and hunt very littered sites.

Monte

I want a 5x10 DD like the one they had for the Xterra series.
You can get into tight trashy spots and still be able to cover more area.

Doug

Size of coil has very little with depth if any.
You are still products the same signal no matter what coil you have.
17 or 19 most likely won’t happen. too close to the 15 and some are already complaining about the added weight of the 15.
a better option would be a 5x10 like they have for Xterra models. With that coil you could cover ground faster and still do tight trashy areas.But don’t get your hopes up because of the situation the world is going threw and I’m guessing I wont be around by then.
Doug

Donut said...”Size of coil has very little (to do) with depth....”

The difference between a 6” coil and 15” concerning depth can be huge, condition dependent.

Does any metal detecting company pay any attention to what we peons want?? All I have ever seen is take our money and run except for obvious problems.