Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

issues ground balancing my Nox 600

dfmike

Hi. I just got an Equinox 600 and I'm having issues ground balancing it. Never had an issue with any detector I have ever had (all non Minelab). I've read the online manual from Minelab, read Andy Sabisch book, saw an online tutorial on youtube and it seems pretty straight forward but wherever I try to ground balance, I get numbers between 3 and 10 in all areas I've detected before which gave me between 68-75 with my Fisher, Whites, Teknetics and Nokta detectors. I've only succeeded in ground balancing once and it gave me a number in the 50's which was steady. Mind you, I've already found many goodies with the detector even though the ground balance numbers seem to be abnormally low. This happens with the standard coil and the 6" coil. I'm running version 3 of the firmware. What could I be doing wrong ?

Thanks.

You may not be doing anything wrong, and the detector may be operating fine.
When using multi frequency, Minelab states to leave the ground balance set to 0, unless you happen across vey mineralized ground like when searching for gold or whole using using a single frequency.
Try ground balancing in a single frequency and compare the readings.

When using multi frequency, Minelab states to leave the ground balance set to 0, unless you happen across vey mineralized ground like when searching for gold or whole using using a single frequency.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought about that but didn't try it... Also I read the manual again and will try manual ground balance to see if I come up with similar numbers. They even mention swinging the coil side to side instead of up and down while performing auto ground balance.

It seems to function fine at whatever numbers it gave me (3-10) or so. I'm just used to totally different numbers with the Fisher, Whites and Nokta detectors I have had. All those detectors gave me similar values.

Thanks for replying.

Where are you detecting? I hunt the beach and in the salt water and the ground balance never goes away from 0 much. There is a lot of black sand on the beach so I manual ground balance often and although I have seen it go to 4 or 5 it doesn't move much past that. It has to do with being multifrequency.