Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It ain't pretty but

1hotwire

I found this 1917 Walker using TTF with the 5x10 coltek. It was hiding in a vacant lot where an old church used to be and the amount of iron was incredible and the etrac was sounding off like a machine gun and I had to work the high tone to get good numbers- 20-46 , 9-45 , 10-44 , co numbers jumping but staying in the mid to high forties .
It wasn't but 3 inches deep sitting beside old broken brick and when I first seen it I thought it was clad because it was so nasty.
It ain't pretty but I would take one every day!
Roy 20201218_164948.jpg20201218_165027.jpg

I found this 1917 Walker using TTF with the 5x10 coltek. It was hiding in a vacant lot where an old church used to be and the amount of iron was incredible and the etrac was sounding off like a machine gun and I had to work the high tone to get good numbers- 20-46 , 9-45 , 10-44 , co numbers jumping but staying in the mid to high forties .
It wasn't but 3 inches deep sitting beside old broken brick and when I first seen it I thought it was clad because it was so nasty.
It ain't pretty but I would take one every day!
Roy View attachment 10398View attachment 10399

In tough areas like that I use a very tight 110 pattern...especially when you have to run TTF.... here is a pic of it....give it a try sometime....even used in any area " it will produce."

110 tight pattern.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hey Elmy , I always run an open screen when using TTF because i want to hear everything but I will load the 110 out of curiosity . But looking at that pattern makes me think the etrac would be nulling way to much in a site littered with iron . Just my opinion until I try it of course

Hey Elmy , I always run an open screen when using TTF because i want to hear everything but I will load the 110 out of curiosity . But looking at that pattern makes me think the etrac would be nulling way to much in a site littered with iron . Just my opinion until I try it of course
The etrac will respond even if it nulls on a coin within the pattern.....your choice....not trying to change your hunting style, just what works for me in very tough iron places.
I personally don't want to hear trash or iron targets , concentrating on only good target sounds to investigate.....yep, the etrac can do that.

The etrac will respond even if it nulls on a coin within the pattern.....your choice....not trying to change your hunting style, just what works for me in very tough iron places.
I personally don't want to hear trash or iron targets , concentrating on only good target sounds to investigate.....yep, the etrac can do that.
The pattern disc's out the trash and will only report on the coin, even close to iron , and not have any sound on the iron or trash....anything that "beeps" using TTF is a dig target with this pattern.
You won't hear all the sounds....just the good stuff. Again , no one has to use what I use or do like I do......I like it and use it in certain areas I hunt that are loaded with iron.

Last edited:
Yeah, I understand about a pattern's purpose and my experience tells me that the etrac is a little weak in iron and that could be the slower response and for me the nulling is for real.
I did the board test with the etrac and the $200 Mojave with a nail and a coin sitting next to each other and the Mojave blew the doors off the etrac and that's with moving the nail and the coin this way and that way . The etrac kept nulling out . You should try that with your regular hunting pattern, " just for kicks " it might blow your mind.
But with that being said I wouldn't trade my etrac for anything and I have 2 of em , I keep a big coil on one and a small one on the other.

Yeah, I understand about a pattern's purpose and my experience tells me that the etrac is a little weak in iron and that could be the slower response and for me the nulling is for real.
I did the board test with the etrac and the $200 Mojave with a nail and a coin sitting next to each other and the Mojave blew the doors off the etrac and that's with moving the nail and the coin this way and that way . The etrac kept nulling out . You should try that with your regular hunting pattern, " just for kicks " it might blow your mind.
But with that being said I wouldn't trade my etrac for anything and I have 2 of em , I keep a big coil on one and a small one on the other
You are right....all that is true...the response is very slow on an etrac....but ??????
Again.....try it or not....your choice....it might blow your mind if you do. load the pattern and go back to the same spot and give it a shot in TTF.
What do you have to lose ?

Last edited: