Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It finally happened!

Explorer.se

Well it finally happened folks! On November 25 at 10:30 PST I finally dug up my very first Indian Head Penny! I have taken the before and after pictures. I’ve also added another scalloped shape token to my collection. It is a Bentley and Bentley Cigar Token. I love this hobby! I don’t know if this other item is a token as well. I will need your help with that!

Very nice on both! There many many “firsts” in this hobby,each one as exciting as the next! Love it!

floodplaindetector said:
Congrats on your first Indian! That scalloped token is very nice also.

Dave

Thank you Dave this is my second scalloped token that Ive found. I love this hobby and my ETrac!

still looking 52 said:
What's the date on that Indian Head penny? Definitely a rare fine, nice job Right there.

Sure it’s 1900 I don’t know if they came with mintmark but I don’t see one one the back. Thanks for looking.

I believe the U.C.P & Co. tag is from the Union Central Pacific Railway - Omaha to California.

Here's a little info to get you started:

http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/essays/1801-1900/the-iron-horse/the-central-pacific-and-union-pacific-railroads.php

Love the scalloped token and congrats on your first, of many, Indian Head Cents...

HighPlainsHunter said:
I believe the U.C.P & Co. tag is from the Union Central Pacific Railway - Omaha to California.

Here's a little info to get you started:

http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/essays/1801-1900/the-iron-horse/the-central-pacific-and-union-pacific-railroads.php

Love the scalloped token and congrats on your first, of many, Indian Head Cents...

Thank you kind sir! I’m also excited to have found it! I truly love this hobby never know what you are going to dig up! That is my second scalloped token I’ve found these are really cool I’ve also found a Washington State tax token as well.

Thank you Highplainshunter and HH!

Congratulations on two awesome finds and here's to many more! :beers:

I remeber the feeling of finding my first, does feel. Good!

Nock said:
I remeber the feeling of finding my first, does feel. Good!

Thank you Nock yes I’m reliving it now it was only a few inches down and green in color! Forgot my video camera though

Explorer.se said:
What's the date on that Indian Head penny? Definitely a rare fine, nice job Right there.

Sure it’s 1900 I don’t know if they came with mintmark but I don’t see one one the back. Thanks for looking.

Explorer se,

Congrats on breaking through ! IHC's are always nice to find.

The IHC's from San Francisco have a mint mark in 1908 and 1909 (s) The S is very small so look close. :thumbup:

Best of luck finding #2.

Rich (Utah)

Rich (Utah) said:

Explorer se,

Congrats on breaking through ! IHC's are always nice to find.

The IHC's from San Francisco have a mint mark in 1908 and 1909 (s) The S is very small so look close. :thumbup:

Best of luck finding #2.

Rich (Utah)

Thank you so much Rich I’m glad to get that off of my bucket list Now on to the next one

Your finds are an inspiration to me. When I was out in California years ago I never found an indian head penny. Found a 1909 Lincoln though. LOL!