Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It has been hot (in the 90's) and Mercury is rising!

JimmyCT

Last few hunts with the Equinox 800.
Settings:
Park1- Multi
GB - 0
volume at 25 and adjusted to a comfortable level in my headphones.
Recovery - 4
Iron Bias set in F2 @ 0
50 tones
Silent EMI is the biggest killer in performance - noise cancel frequently
Go back over your spots and scan ultra slow. These coins were the results of going back and doing just that. 6 mercs and 3 roseys and many wheaties (not all of them pictured here) and a Borden Milk Token for my efforts.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 100
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    866.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_7093 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_7093 - Copy.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Borden 2.jpg
    Borden 2.jpg
    795.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Great finds there Jim!!!
Hard to argue with results like this.
I know what conditions you are hunting in and your results are not by chance… time tested formula is getting those elusive targets missed by others over the years.

Great finds there Jim!!!
Hard to argue with results like this.
I know what conditions you are hunting in and your results are not by chance… time tested formula is getting those elusive targets missed by others over the years.
Thanks Felix. If I was running faster settings such as a recovery of 6,7,8 and scanning at a faster pace I would of never of found these coins. With patients, 50 tones truly pulls out those hidden coins in the trash.

Those are fine finds. Good for you.
What is silent EMI ? How do you know when you’ve got a problem from it and how do you know that you have in fact gotten rid of it effectively? Are you saying that it gives no signs that it’s there but it is and needed to be dealt with?

Thanks Felix. If I was running faster settings such as a recovery of 6,7,8 and scanning at a faster pace I would of never of found these coins. With patients, 50 tones truly pulls out those hidden coins in the trash.
I believe ypu….. like that old house I hunted around earlier this year… I had to really creep there, but found a lot of coins.
That small coil really helped the last time I was there too.

Those are fine finds. Good for you.
What is silent EMI ? How do you know when you’ve got a problem from it and how do you know that you have in fact gotten rid of it effectively? Are you saying that it gives no signs that it’s there but it is and needed to be dealt with?
Thank you.
You hit the head right on the nail. There is no way of knowing that’s why one should noise cancel frequently. This advice comes from one of the engineers in building the Equinox.
He mentions it’s a bigger problem then most realize and the best way to mitigate the issue is to noise cancel frequently throughout the hunt.

I believe ypu….. like that old house I hunted around earlier this year… I had to really creep there, but found a lot of coins.
That small coil really helped the last time I was there too.
Yep I remember and you did very well in pulling out coins!! I'm glad I pinned the location.🤭🤭

Congrats! I was out Thursday and scanned slowly and got a Rosie. It's too hot and dry here again...
Thanks Ted. All it takes is one piece of silver to get the fever 😂. Scan slow and hit that area (where you found the rosey) from multiple angles.

Nice finds Jim I took this weekend off to Kayak a bit I'm going to start water hunting.
Mark

Thank you.
You hit the head right on the nail. There is no way of knowing that’s why one should noise cancel frequently. This advice comes from one of the engineers in building the Equinox.
He mentions it’s a bigger problem then most realize and the best way to mitigate the issue is to noise cancel frequently throughout the hunt.
Yes... I also noise cancel quite frequently while I'm hunting.