Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It must and shall be preserved

Diggin' B

Today, I was invited by my cousin to check out a farm field that has a gravel pit in the middle of it. He goes to the gravel pits and farm fields to hunt arrowheads and such. Well, this particular site he found had traces of red brick in the plowed field. He figured it was most likely a business or homestead location at some point in history as it sits near a railroad track and a river. He has had a lot of luck in this area finding fossils, arrowheads, and Indian artifacts. One year, he even found a baby mammoth tooth there and eventually he donated it to a local college. He doesn't metal detector but knows I do so he called me. Here are today's best finds. 1878 large cent, 1865 and 1860 Indian heads, and a civil war token Army and Navy. -The federal union It must and shall be preserved- on the back. I also found a large axe head, toe tap, and about 7 various size flat buttons all with the shank attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20230220_191751792.jpg
    IMG_20230220_191751792.jpg
    980.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20230220_191735923.jpg
    IMG_20230220_191735923.jpg
    708.4 KB · Views: 84
I've had good luck at lost farm steads in the past.... But Not Your Luck.... What a great hunt.... Can I ask what detector you used ??? were your targets really deep??? I sound like rotten lil kid... "hey mister, hey mister." :lol: South Jersey is so full of aluminum and rusty nails... I'm really glad when some one has a good day is all.

Today, I was invited by my cousin to check out a farm field that has a gravel pit in the middle of it. He goes to the gravel pits and farm fields to hunt arrowheads and such. Well, this particular site he found had traces of red brick in the plowed field. He figured it was most likely a business or homestead location at some point in history as it sits near a railroad track and a river. He has had a lot of luck in this area finding fossils, arrowheads, and Indian artifacts. One year, he even found a baby mammoth tooth there and eventually he donated it to a local college. He doesn't metal detector but knows I do so he called me. Here are today's best finds. 1878 large cent, 1865 and 1860 Indian heads, and a civil war token Army and Navy. -The federal union It must and shall be preserved- on the back. I also found a large axe head, toe tap, and about 7 various size flat buttons all with the shank attached.
I think that large cent is a bit older then 1878

I've had good luck at lost farm steads in the past.... But Not Your Luck.... What a great hunt.... Can I ask what detector you used ??? were your targets really deep??? I sound like rotten lil kid... "hey mister, hey mister." :lol: South Jersey is so full of aluminum and rusty nails... I'm really glad when some one has a good day is all.
Today was the Legend and Deus WS6 master setup

Well, the plug was about 8 inches. I told my cousin it sounds like a coin and looked down and it was laying on top of the plug. The rest of my sentence was...like this one