Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It pays to keep finds together according to the site they were found

2 Much Trash

I’m sorry to post about this plate again but I thought you guys might like to see this. I’ve tried for the past several years to keep my finds together according to where I find them. But sometimes they do get mixed up. I told my relic hunting buddy on the way home yesterday that I was sure I’d found a belt keeper for that kinda of buckle but wasn’t sure when or where. The first time I hunted this hill top was about 3 years ago. I remember it well because I found a 1781 reale and a seated time at that site. So this morning I went and found the 2 coins and in the same container was a few flat buttons, some whatzits and the belt plate keeper. All found that day on the exact spot I just found the buckle. So I’m 99% sure these to pieces are from the same belt. They look good together don’t they. 😊

Attachments

• 66B7B3FD-992E-435A-98B7-D0D0EFD433E1.jpeg
    66B7B3FD-992E-435A-98B7-D0D0EFD433E1.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 3DB13083-D58A-4A4B-B021-D2EAE8428037.jpeg
    3DB13083-D58A-4A4B-B021-D2EAE8428037.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 171
Good point! If you’re going to keep it then some version of a running log is a good idea. I think of most of the stuff I’ve kept as “evidence” so I keep an evidence log. This way when I need to “testify” about it I can refresh my memory from my notes. This way the fish stays the same size throughout its story.

Lucky you, I still only have the keeper. Awesome plate !!
Same here, Fredneck!! I got 2 keepers and the rivets, no plate. That's really cool, 2 Much!! I guess now you
won't have to look for one ;) ;) Seriously, awesome find, sir!
HH okie