Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It seems that one of the most difficult prisons to escape -is religion

Gold Buddy

1. Every religious system will have its differing traditions. There is nothing wrong with traditions-until they supplant the authority of God's Word.

2. Its is very possible to carry out all the traditions of one's religion, but to have no relationship with God.

3. Enemies of the truth are often religious people, who live by human traditions.

4. There is a difference between True Worship & Man made-made religions

If we don't have a True relationship with God then none of the traditions even matter. So many say "I believe in God" One needs to be saved, and have a true relationship with the Lord. And if one does he will be changed.

Those are relatives, not absolutes.
I agree they apply to Man-made religions, but not to Christianity.
We know that God desires obedience, ie, religion. We know that, "Fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom" and "Be still, and know that I am God"
Obey, be patient, wait on God.
Pretty simple stuff.
It is the Man-made religions that insist on rigorous adherence to rules/laws that man added to Gods word, such as all the rules regarding keeping the Sabbath. It is man made religion that murders anyone who converts to another faith.
Ironically, major faiths are going the opposite way, so that anything goes, instead of following Gods law. It is they who always whine about this, not wanting to give up their sin, but still call themselves Christian.

God bless

There are about 41,000 different "Christian" religions in the world. Each has something different to say.
Jesus at Matthew 28:18 stated that all authority had been given him in heaven and on earth. The next statement is very interesting. He said go and make disciples and teach them. So how many of us do that? Do we spend as much time as we can contacting as many people as we can with the good news of God's Kingdom just like his Son admonished us to? I see very few doing that. Its not quite as simple as saying "I accept the Lord in my heart" as many Christian religions teach. In fact in the sermon on the mount at Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus makes an interesting statement. A very familiar text to all of us is located at John 3:16 which I do not have to quote, however there is an interesting word in there. Exercising faith. What do we do when we exercise? Generally strenuous effort is put forth to strengthen your muscles. Do we (I include myself in this) do our utmost to follow Jesus footsteps in not only preaching the good news but also not getting involved in politics? What about the pagan holidays such as Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween and so on?

Matthew 7:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Matthew 7:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Relationship with God, walking in faith, and by their deeds we know who is of God and who just plays church.

n/t

Yes and too many have religion but not Christ Jesus by following the traditions of the churches they attend and are not serving the One and Only True God, Who is Jesus in Whom we have eternal life which no other god nor man can give us! Amen! God Bless! Ma

The last comment said Jesus is God...you are going to have to back that

I will later and the Bible states it plainly....just too tired and I'm going to bed soon! I will not argue but will prove it by the Word of God, Who is Jesus, for He is the Living Word! God Bless! Ma

Not feeling well and will get the Scriptures sooner or later but be patient because I will answer your question about backing up that Jesus is God! Just very slow in doing anything and that is what my achy bodies tells me if I try to go faster or do something strenuous like working my brain now....wish I was a lot younger again to do what I used to do, but alas, older age catches up with all of us, if we live to be older that is! May God Bless! Ma

Thank you, as I have to look up and write down scriptures throughout the Bible and then type them in a post to be read....and the Bible says Patience is a Virtue! Amen! Ma

You do not have to write them down for my benefit, simply give me the location and I can look them up. I have 5 or 6 different Bibles

irnwrkr,

just jumping in here and maybe I shouldn't but here goes. It seems to me like you jumped on Ma-Betty pretty quickly to get her to prove her statement about Jesus being God. And I believe that she is probably working hard at looking those scriptures up for you. I think you are baiting her, waiting to retaliate with your own views on why she is incorrect in her beliefs. There are dozens of web pages with lists and explanations of the Divinity Scriptures. Just google "scripture showing Jesus is God". Here is an example of one of them

http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/deity.html
I'm sure there are just as many web pages showing why Jesus is not God.

We all have every right to believe what we want about these matters. I don't know you and you may have the best of intentions with your request, but please keep it on track. This is the "Christian metal detecting" sub forum. If you are of a differing opinion this may not be the place for it.

respectfully,

Mark