Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It Was A Button Kind Of Day!!!

Mike K (Ohio)

Well got out for a few hours today trying to make the transition from water hunting to dirt hunting.... Kept wanting to dig just low tones lol... Anyway Found a few buttons I'm gonna guess they old and I will post them on another forum for possible ID. At least I found some that are not the typical flat buttons lol.... :) Was playing around on a site that has been hammered over the years or so the home owners say. Goes to show yea everyone misses some and new technology can make a difference. Also 3 of the 4 buttons was found using the 6" Coil damn is that thing HOT!!! Told my partner I have a new best friend lol.... Last picture is the back of button 2, Button one is just flat no need for picture. Nothing super old but I'm looking for my first civil war button :)

Yeah nice finds buttons are very cool.
Mark

Your on the right track with those keep it up and you will pop a c war button!!
HH Jeff

laplander said:
Your on the right track with those keep it up and you will pop a c war button!!
HH Jeff

Thanks Jeff I hope so! Another bucket list item but I just keep after it :) Found 3 of the 4 with the 6" coil in a highly iron filled spot... Gonna go back and play around there again today.

Gotta dig the low tones clear down to 5 is where I have found them. The SIX is a beast picking out the iron patches. I was shocked how many I have found over the years my kids gave me a button case last year and after filling it with civil war buttons{50} that weren't crushed or damaged I realized how fortunate I am to live in my area. I focus on sites settled on the 1870 maps and find most were civil war veterans and they brought their gear with them in the form of buckles uniforms, bullet etc..
HH Jeff

Thanks :) beats finding nothing lol.. I like buttons I usually only find flat buttons... I know this number probably can change a good deal. But those civil war buttons people are finding like Confederate I, CSA, Silver 2-Piece Eagle "I" Infantry Coat Button, 1-Piece Silvered Eagle "A" Artillery etc etc where do buttons like this fall into. 5-6 range? Thanks I like buttons but have been pretty much a coin shooter my whole detecting career and now wanting to find more buttons if they are there :)

Mike