Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It wasn't a platinum day but I'll take it

Two honker rings today. One 14 k the other silver. Myrtle beach is tough but if you gut it out and put in the time gold things happen.

Nice Finds. I am surprised that I do not see more posts of Myrtle Beach finds. They get far more tourists than we get down in the Charleston area. Lots more beach to detect also.

Nice large ones.:thumbup: With Plat chasing gold these days. You're just as good with the yellow.
I think most of the Myrtle Beach hunters are sticking to dry sand these days.

So much wet sand to cover when it isn't high tide; let alone in the water. Congrats on the gold. Plat and gold over just a couple days is excellent! Between Christmas and New Years this past year I got one silver and one gold and felt pretty good about that.
Cheers,
tvr

Very nice rings.....especially the gold!!:thumbup:

The way I look at it, this forum is for showing others your good fortune and to help other folks. I like showing finds like everyone else but I like to help others as much if not more. At Myrtle, and at most beaches there are tons and tons of sand, and most of it pretty damn deep. Finding a recent drop is pure fortune and seldom happens unless one covers yards and yards of sand. If a target is dropped In wet sand during any tide at a beach, by the next low tide there have been hundreds of waves making that target go deeper and deeper. That's why searching in flat areas is a tremendous waste of time. It might sound simple to most of you, but I see lots of folks working the flat sand and know they are not goin' to find squat. If the beach is flat, your only option is the dry sand and the first twenty or so yards of wet sand because the wave action has not been so severe there. If you are lucky, there will be dips in the sand where the surf has caused the upper layers of sand to remove yards and yards of sand. These are the ONLY places to search. The deeper the holes in these cuts the better. You can feel it with your feet. If the sand is firm, and it's tought to dig, you're in the right spot. If your holes fill in faster than you dig, the sand is way to soft to stop a heavy item from sinking therefore you're wasting your time. Every day I walk onto the beach each cut in the beach has changed a bit. Even if the cut is in the same spot, the dips have moved so there are new holes to detect that had two feet of sand on them the day before. I found a platinum ring In one cut two days ago. I hit it hard. I hit it again today and found more lead weights and a gold ring not twenty yards away from where I found the other ring. I know I went over the same spot 2 days ago and the ring was probably there but it was probably covered with two feet of sand. I think I'll drink on the beach with mama tomorrow but I know those cuts will be there producing fresh areas to detect. Sorry to ramble. You gotta find the slopes or the cuts, otherwise you're justing swinging and taking in the sights which ain't that bad. Happy hunting to all.

Great Gold and really great ramble!:clapping: I'm motivated now! Heading out to flail across miles of dry and keep an eye open for those little scallop cuts! Thanks for the post!:buds:
Mud

mmmmmmm scallops...... great finds there and i understand the philosophy of concentrating on those low areas.... just a matter of finding that hot spot and recognizing it when you do... congrats on some great finds. ...

There is something to be said about reading the beach. Clive James Clynick's book "Site Reading for Gold and Silver" has a lot of good information. Thanks dabbratacus for the words of wisdom. Nice finds by the way.
HH
Matt

Sweet looking color..Yellow!!