Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Its a real(e) good park!!

etracjoe

Sunday Jimzilla and I hit a park that we have hit before and I have hit several times in the past with the Etrac. This park was hammered by many due to its age. There is a homestead there that dates to 1741 and it is still standing today. Last year I detected an area near the house that had spoil piles of dirt from drainage being dug. I found nothing but a hard time with the Etrac because there was soo much iron that I found it near undetectable. So I let it be. When we were there on Sun morning I decided to give it a go with the CTX but was too much to handle in open screen with combine. So I thought a bit and decided to try the silver stock pattern in combine with auto plus 3 sensitivity using ferrous coin. I also turned deep and fast off. Not a minute in near the entrance of the home I recieved a 12-44 12-45 signal that was saying 3-4 inches. I'm not being too careful now because I'm thinking clad dime. Low and behold it is a spanish reale from 1784!! :surprised: I did my happy dance and showed it to Jim. Now the coin is holed and I'm not the best at picture taking but this coin is in beautiful condition for being 230 years old. Also found a few very shallow buttons. Now if I could only find some seated that has been eluding me. (Jim found a seated dime very close to where this was found). This is my third reale to date. I find that using a pattern in ferrous coin and auto sensitivity the good stuff really "POPS" out of the iron. HH Joe

Way to go Joe! :clapping: She is a beauty.

Great find Joe, simply amazing!

big congrats,

Randy

Congrats! That is a "reale" nice recovery! I agree with coins "popping" out of the iron when using some discrimination. In many sites, I start out using more of an open screen so I can hear all the targets. But when my ears get tired of deciphering the tones, I flip to the Pattern with discrimination and don't feel like I miss anything with Ferrous-Coin and Auto - Sens. (I usually get away with Auto +2 around here). Thanks for the post and again, Congrats on the find. HH Randy

Congratulations on the reale. I grew up right down the road from that old park.

-Doug

Thanks guys. This CTX is very good at adapting to different situations.

That is a very nice reale - the details are beautiful. Excellent work rescuing it from it's iron grave!