Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Its all Mud's fault! he made me do It.

MarkCZ

Well, "firefitr227" has to wear his part of the blame too!

I've sold two detectors and now I'm getting an F70. Its a used one but I had the seller send it to First Texas for a little cosmetic details and a checkup first (he included my contact information), so, I'll be getting it direct from the service department. I already have the RA# and the shipping tracking number for its route to Fisher.
This one is coming with the stock 10" concentric coil and I've already put out a plea for an 11" DD.
I'm really looking forward to getting this one.

So, now I wait!
Read up on it,
Ponder its first hunting spot,
Read some more of Mud's post LoL!

Mark

"Sigh"
Don't believe the hype.
It is a horrible thing to use.
Despite what you may have heard it is not good at finding coins or relics, finding targets in iron infested sites, finding deep targets and take it from me it wouldn't know jewelry if it tripped over it.
Noisy and unstable, none of the million possible settings will satisfy you and make it easy and fun to hunt with at any time.

Sell it as soon as you get it and don't even go outside and try it is my advice.

(Man I hope he believes this stuff....there is not an unlimited amount of targets out there and way too many F70 owners depleting that finite amount as we speak).

You had me a bit scared for the first couple of lines in your post :rofl:

Well, I noticed that the F70 isn't very common in the used market, those 11" DD coils used are as rare as hens teeth.
Its also rare to find bad reports about the F70. So, people seem to hang onto them.

"Mud" and "FF227" keeps raking in the goodies. I'd say that if somebody was to try and take mudpuppy's F70 from him they'd be in a heap of trouble :veryangry:

The F70 I got really found me more than I found it, they're was a WTB a second used detector listing that came up and the F70 was tossed out for an offer, I sent a PM to F70 owner stating if the title poster didn't take it that I would. The rest is history!

So, while I'm waiting for my new tool of the trade to arrive I'm open for any starter tips? Looking through the manual the F70 looks to be about as straight forward of a machine as they come, but that doesn't mean there isn't stuff to learn about it.

I also have a good feeling that the folks in the service department at First Texas are going to take care of me too, all tuned up, freshened up and ready for the dirt :detecting:

Mark

Especially the one Mud has. I do believe it is ummm one of a kind. :rofl:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?22,2155913,2155913#msg-2155913

MarkCZ said:
Well, I noticed that the F70 isn't very common in the used market, those 11" DD coils used are as rare as hens teeth.

Mark

Cool! I hope you find it an enjoyable experience!

You can scroll back to Nov of 2012 posts... I think thats when REVIER got his and started really wringing out the settings in an intelligent fashion to understand what they all were for...then, he had that 12 dirt gold ring year in 2013 and shared his knowledge of the 70 frequently and in depth...Theres probably a dozen of us that jumped in and followed his posts, lots of tribal knowledge poured out during that time frame...seems we all have our 'go to' settings we understand, and they are all different!

I think that may be the key...you have to find the settings that you are confident with and understand what the rig is telling you about the soil conditions in your area and all that.....Its a fast and fun machine, I'm taking mine out for a spin tomorrow at sun-up, and intend to clean out several acres of a place now that most of the snow has melted...Yep, if something tragic ever happened to mine, I'd have to get another immediately...after all this time, its like a third arm!:lmfao:
Mud

Well from big brother, congrats on the F70, from what I hear you are getting a real work horse.

Brother Ron

Quick little 1hr run through some snowpiles this am...they are not entirely melted, but luckily the chip totlots are...going back out, no school today on account of its Easter this weekend..should be a great weekend to forage. Enough for a cup of coffee..I will look up the value on that waterproof phone box later..might come in handy for something.
Mud

We'll hit that silver den with that f70 as soon as you get it , especially around were we found those silver 1/2 dollars. That will a good test and also over to that sled run that we've hunted a 100 times. Can't wait for you to get it!

MarkCZ said:

Its also rare to find bad reports about the F70. So, people seem to hang onto them.

"Mud" and "FF227" keeps raking in the goodies.

So, while I'm waiting for my new tool of the trade to arrive I'm open for any starter tips? Looking through the manual the F70 looks to be about as straight forward of a machine as they come, but that doesn't mean there isn't stuff to learn about it.

Mark

Actually lots of us use the 11"DD coil, but don't discount the standard elliptical or the sniper coil and what they can do, either.

The manual comment about being straightforward as they come.
Sure, at first look, but think of it as an iceberg...only 10% is showing, 90% is of what this thing is about is hidden and up to us to discover it.
That is what this forum is all about, sharing our discoveries, settings, tips and advice.
Many here use this thing, no two of us use it in exactly the same way and we all are successful.
I have used mine for exactly 16 months and I have tried to get deep into the hidden recesses of its behavior and settings and what they can do.
I have been wildly successful, but still have only scratched the surface of what is really possible.
I spent the first 9-10 months experimenting with settings and doing a lot less digging than usual.
It started slowly, first silver ring didn't come till late into spring, gold not until June, but once I settled down in the fall and just hunted things started to happen quickly.

Here is a thread with just a few of my better finds in the first 11 months...most of them from August to November when I settled on some favorite settings and just hunted.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2120038,2120038#msg-2120038

That crack I made about it not finding jewelry...not exactly true.
Below are my silver and gold finds with the F70 just since the middle of January when it started to get warm enough to hunt after the winter layoff.
Also just a couple of silver coins I have come across, plus one beautiful relic...a Dragoon button.
2.5 months of actual hunting time this year and it is only beginning.

When they use the term "sleeper unit" regarding detectors with hidden talents this one is the very definition of what they mean.

REVIER said:
MarkCZ said:

Mark

Actually lots of us use the 11"DD coil, but don't discount the standard elliptical or the sniper coil and what they can do, either.

Sure, at first look, but think of it as an iceberg...only 10% is showing, 90% is of what this thing is about is hidden and up to us to discover it.
That is what this forum is all about, sharing our discoveries, settings, tips and advice.
Many here use this thing, no two of us use it in exactly the same way and we all are successful.
I have used mine for exactly 16 months and I have tried to get deep into the hidden recesses of its behavior and settings and what they can do.
I have been wildly successful, but still have only scratched the surface of what is really possible.
I spent the first 9-10 months experimenting with settings and doing a lot less digging than usual.
It started slowly, first silver ring didn't come till late into spring, gold not until June, but once I settled down in the fall and just hunted things started to happen quickly.

Here is a thread with just a few of my better finds in the first 11 months...most of them from August to November when I settled on some favorite settings and just hunted.

Below are my silver and gold finds with the F70 just since the middle of January when it started to get warm enough to hunt after the winter layoff.
Also just a couple of silver coins I have come across, plus one beautiful relic...a Dragoon button.

When they use the term "sleeper unit" regarding detectors with hidden talents this one is the very definition of what they mean.

I didn't realize you were the ring leader of the F70 club LoL I guess I picked up on the F70 reading Muds post, then FF227 comes along with his bags of silver coins in such a short time, that's when I caved in.

My F70 hasn't arrived at First Texas service yet, but it is in route.

Mark

MarkCZ said:
REVIER said:
MarkCZ said:

Mark

I didn't realize you were the ring leader of the F70 club LoL I guess I picked up on the F70 reading Muds post, then FF227 comes along with his bags of silver coins in such a short time, that's when I caved in.

My F70 hasn't arrived at First Texas service yet, but it is in route.

Mark

Leader?
Nahhh...just another Mouseketeer.
I learn from them, they might try some stuff I tried, just a big old melting pot of info around here.
I wouldn't have found half that stuff without reading what the other guys were doing first and trying it.
Welcome to the club.
You will use "The Force" the best way for you once you try a few things that work.
We will all help.

still looking 52 said:
We'll hit that silver den with that f70 as soon as you get it , especially around were we found those silver 1/2 dollars. That will a good test and also over to that sled run that we've hunted a 100 times. Can't wait for you to get it!
Julio, I'm figuring First Texas to have a pretty good turn around on my F70, its supposed to be there Saturday, but I don't know if FT has any receiving hours on the weekend, so they may not get it until Monday. Its probably going to be 10 days or so before I get it back and can plan a Silver Half Hunt.

Mark

Good news Mark. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I studied diligently the posts from the two guys you mentioned, Mud and Revier, and took to the fields and yards to fine tune my hunting. We are in the midst of floods and bad weather right now so I am shut out for a few days. However I did pick up a few things before the weather got here.

I was wondering how you boys were doing in the path of that big rain...Nice finds there Fire!.:clapping:..

Hey Mark, you should check and see if you could have Dave J autograph your rig with a white sharpie or something? Wouldnt that be cool!:thumbup: Oh by the way, the F70 has no trouble picking up a silver dollar..I tested mine when that subject came up a few months ago..nice crisp ping, unmistakable....so you are good there..
Mud

mudpuppy said:
I was wondering how you boys were doing in the path of that big rain...Nice finds there Fire!.:clapping:..

Hey Mark, you should check and see if you could have Dave J autograph your rig with a white sharpie or something? Wouldnt that be cool!:thumbup: Oh by the way, the F70 has no trouble picking up a silver dollar..I tested mine when that subject came up a few months ago..nice crisp ping, unmistakable....so you are good there..
Mud

Hey, I like the signature idea! I wonder if I sent them an email contact and ask if they could get him to do that? Then I could say I have a Dave_J signature series F70, then if they could top it off with a mug shot of him swinging in a patch of grass with a date stamp.

Mark

You can contact him yourself!...just PM him from here!

He hangs out here a lot and tries to make sure we behave if we get in over our heads on some sort of topic...I bet he's reading this right now! It would be quite an honor if he did that for you...Who knows? Worth a shot...in fact, I bet theres a lot of guys here that would send in their rig just to have him autograph it, or better yet, make an adventure out of it and do a group run down to the factory for a tour and a Dave J rig signing?..

Meet up In Memphis and charter a bus even! I would...this kind of stuff is important to us...any well designed and built tool should be signed by the master...
Mud

Well I just checked the tracking of my F70 and it doesn't show it delivered, but it does show an arrival in the same area code, "79936"
The only things my F70 was sent in for was a peeling lose front decal template, a slightly scuffed up display, a new grip, and checked out for proper operation.

I do believe that it was Dave_J who was the head designer of the F70 and the T2 if my memory serves me right.

Mark

Yep...this is his baby alright...sort of like the 'Shelby Mustang' of metal detectors..:shrug:. hard to describe, 'sleeper' is probably the best analogy, 'hemi rat rod' perhaps is more apropos, it dont look like much but its fast as hell!...I dont know dude, excited for you!:rofl:
Mud

That's a good move Mark. Did you give up the F5 for the F70? The F70 seems so much easier to set up and has good depth and ID. Plus you get to be a "mudbrother".:clapping:

Hightone said:
That's a good move Mark. Did you give up the F5 for the F70? The F70 seems so much easier to set up and has good depth and ID. Plus you get to be a "mudbrother".:clapping:

Well, I'm still out of work and living off a semi-retirement along with odd job syndrome, ebay, and spreading out my severance pay thin enough to still see the bread LoL! what I did was I sold two detectors, my Omega and my Coinstrike. I'm hoping that I can clear enough from the two to get the F70, get it freshened up and cover getting a 11" DD coil, without digging into any of the household living money.
My other brother "SL52" has the F5 that he got from our older brother "WV62" Okay, this brother stuff is getting hard for me to even follow :rofl: But I will clear this up with all these numbers in our forum user names, I'm the baby of the three and I turned 58 this past February and WV62 has a decade head start in life than me.

Mark