Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's been 13 years

I'm sort of thinking along the same lines as you....i'm "only" 52 lol but i swing an etrac for long beach hunting sessions and its getting a bit much.Problem is,i know how good the etrac is at the beach and i'm reluctant to give it up,i know all the reviews rave about the nox at the beach but "seeing is believing" and "better the devil you know" spring to mind lol.
I met an old guy at the beach the other day using a vanquish which isnt much lighter than the nox and it was incredible to swing.......no weight at all,so the nox is definately a tempting machine.If they have as good a performance as an se or etrac its really a no brainer.
Well I agree... I like to tinker with the settings as anyone who remembers me from before knows... Like to try to drop the sensitivity and get rid of any chatter and get closeup to places I should not be able to... Leaning toward the 600..I know it does not allow the amount of tinkering I want like the 800...buy just not sure the extra money for the 20/40 frequencies will be worth it for me...not going to be digging any gold nuggets out where I look...rings yes...

Also extremely concerned with the coil tab issues and some have said lots of chatter...thinking they do not understand some areas due to mineralization, really require you to make adjustments despite auto ground balancing... Always had fun with the dfx trying different things once I knew the machine...
Also been looking at the AT max and F75.. but I keep reading where people keep the 600 or 800 and drop the Garrett...I saw a guy they used to run around with the F75/Fisher, said he liked it.

Welcome back Gregg, but do we ever really leave??????

I run the F75SE. Added a couple aftermarket coils and play with setting every time I hit different ground. Nothing against the factory coils but additional specific coils seem to work better under most conditions. The reason I went with the Fisher was ease of learning the settings, no big learning curve like some. Just my thought.

Welcome back. You left right about the time I got on here. I remember reading some of your post.
I have a nox 800. I really like it. I used to use a xterra 70. Glad to have you back.

just the thought 600, 800 f75, at max.... going to be asking a few times... If I have one that works the best for me then will part with what I have.the dfx I have is also multi frequency one of the first. The Explorer Se was so big back then and as I started hitting silver in spots I had already been with the dfx... So want to finish learning that too...
I too graduated from a Whites to the explorer series. 800 or go home!

I really do not want to make a mistake... as the dfx and Explorer are good machines.,.. I can see me retired with 5 detectors when I retire in a year or 2...lol...still have the old coinmaster which feels stiff and heavy!
I've never tried a DFX. Awesome I've heard.
I love and still use on special occasions my Explorer xs.
With the heavy 15" WOT coil.
I once dug a silver plated bottle opener.
At maximum arm reach with my scoop
Little fancy pearl layed on the flats of it.
Had to be at least 30 inchs down.
Thought I was digging another tire rim on the beach.
I really enjoy getting my oll Garrett CX3 out.
Fun seeing people's expressions when she talks.
Nope
I won't part with any of them.
As long as I have room for them.
I'll keep em all.

I run the F75SE. Added a couple aftermarket coils and play with setting every time I hit different ground. Nothing against the factory coils but additional specific coils seem to work better under most conditions. The reason I went with the Fisher was ease of learning the settings, no big learning curve like some. Just my thought.
You are right,i don't believe we ever leave this hobby.I've had long layoffs in the past but it's always there at the back of your mind.Its like an addiction.☺

Thanks Ronstar I know there was a gentleman by me with a Fisher he must of liked it, I saw him when I was driving quite a few times... but I never stopped and talked to him. Got out for first time yesterday with the dfx...10 coins nothing special just glad it still works..watching deals...

Welcome back. You left right about the time I got on here. I remember reading some of your post.
I have a nox 800. I really like it. I used to use a xterra 70. Glad to have you back.
I have probably between the different sites went through over a 1000 posts on the nox... I am watching for someone that purchased and just gave up at it for a great deal... 600 or 800... I have stop one frozen ground hunt up to now with the dfx... I know there are lots having no problems... but cannot believe the amount of coil issues with the ears/tabs breaking off!

I too graduated from a Whites to the explorer series. 800 or go home!
I am sure I will watch the boards, sites closely enough to get one at a great price from someone who tried the hobby and folded... This hobby is NOT FOR SOMEONE that does not have the time or will not put in the effort... yesterday was out giving it a shot with frozen ground just to test my old dfx...worked like I have been using it every day... been 10-12 years since I turned it on!

I've never tried a DFX. Awesome I've heard.
I love and still use on special occasions my Explorer xs.
With the heavy 15" WOT coil.
I once dug a silver plated bottle opener.
At maximum arm reach with my scoop
Little fancy pearl layed on the flats of it.
Had to be at least 30 inchs down.
Thought I was digging another tire rim on the beach.
I really enjoy getting my oll Garrett CX3 out.
Fun seeing people's expressions when she talks.
Nope
I won't part with any of them.
As long as I have room for them.
I'll keep em all.
Just your willingness to dig that deep says something about you and how you have endured in this hobby! Great work and continued success!

Welcome back. I got the 600 a few months back and used it until winter stopped me. It was a real eye opener on what multi-frequency could do for me in my ground. With an optional carbon shaft and the small 6" coil, it is as light as light can be. I have found more silver coins in the Fall of 2021 alone than the previous 2 years with my other non multi-frequency detectors.

Last edited:
Welcome back. I got the 600 a few months back and used it until winter stopped me. It was a real eye opener on what multi-frequency could do for me in my ground. With an optional carbon shaft and the small 6" coil, it is as light as light can be. I have found more silver coins in the Fall of 2021 alone than the previous 2 years with my other non multi-frequency detectors.
This is great news and congrats.. yes I am a small coil person myself.. I have the eclipse5.3 on the dfx and the excelerator 6 inch on the explorer.. going to try to switch back on the explorer the the regular factory coil...BUT this little coil was hot for silver just as I took my 10 year break lol...

Get the 600 and save some money, I use to use the whites xlt my fav machine till they started coming out with newer technology. I know multi freq is the future that's why i bought a 600, I have kept my Deus 1
because of the weight and how good it is in iron sites. I have found so much silver jewelry with my 600 over areas i had my Xp Deus at.
I'll probably wind up selling both to get the new Deus 2 because of it being multi and light which seem's like a no brainer.
Good luck with your choice

Well I agree... I like to tinker with the settings as anyone who remembers me from before knows... Like to try to drop the sensitivity and get rid of any chatter and get closeup to places I should not be able to... Leaning toward the 600..I know it does not allow the amount of tinkering I want like the 800...buy just not sure the extra money for the 20/40 frequencies will be worth it for me...not going to be digging any gold nuggets out where I look...rings yes...

Also extremely concerned with the coil tab issues and some have said lots of chatter...thinking they do not understand some areas due to mineralization, really require you to make adjustments despite auto ground balancing... Always had fun with the dfx trying different things once I knew the machine...
Also been looking at the AT max and F75.. but I keep reading where people keep the 600 or 800 and drop the Garrett...I saw a guy they used to run around with the F75/Fisher, said he liked it.
I can tell you something. In my neck of the woods, Garrett's sell like hotcakes. Guys here mainly hunt with AT Pro's. I don't want to knock any Garrett machine because I've never tried one. All I can say is that the At Pro guys leave lots of stuff behind and my Equinox picks it all up. It picks up what my Nokta and Whites MX7 left behind as well. I highly recommend going multi frequency if you are going to hunt trashy sites. I'm not going back to single frequency.

I can tell you something. In my neck of the woods, Garrett's sell like hotcakes. Guys here mainly hunt with AT Pro's. I don't want to knock any Garrett machine because I've never tried one. All I can say is that the At Pro guys leave lots of stuff behind and my Equinox picks it all up. It picks up what my Nokta and Whites MX7 left behind as well. I highly recommend going multi frequency if you are going to hunt trashy sites. I'm not going back to single
The dfx I have is multi frequency...but yes looks like the 800...I have a great deal so grabbing it...I think...

i have an mxt i just acquired, it picked up a ring that another detector missed. Im grabbing a legend also. I think ill stop with legend and mxt.

i have an mxt i just acquired, it picked up a ring that another detector missed. Im grabbing a legend also. I think ill stop with legend and mxt.
I remember years ago one of the guys on the old whites forum not sure which site swore by the mxt... we used to go back and forth... he was more of a relic hunter... but he sure loved that machine... best of luck I will be starting the season with the equinox 800, the dfx, an explorer se and a whitescoinmaster 6000... the first 3 will be the ones I will be using mainly the nox so I can learn it... then plan to thin the herd...

Welcome back I have the 800 love it actually just found some nice silver today it’s a great detector.
Mark