Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's been a while since I posted

Giant056

So I figured I'd better post something. I crashed this computer a while back and just retrieved my password here so I could post. I've been using the D2 coil on my MXT most of the time this year except when I go to a really trashy area, then I use the 4x6DD shooter. Here's a picture of about the deepest dime finds I made this year and it's a nice one. It's a Philadelphia mint. Hopefully y'all have been using the D2 on your MXT's, it's the cats meow for deep coins. The seated dime is the only seated coin I've found this year so far but I've sure found a lot of coins with the D2 so far.

She's a pretty one for sure. Tell me that's not a "ding" left of her head on the rim? Congrats on the seated dime! Nancy

Nancy-IL said:
She's a pretty one for sure. Tell me that's not a "ding" left of her head on the rim? Congrats on the seated dime! Nancy
It's a ding but not by my lesche but them are the breaks!

So how deep was it? I use the 6x10 eclipse most of the time & get 8 to 10" in our soil

I'm glad you didn't ding it. The last few times my Larry has gotten a silver coin, he's dinged it. Right Rob? :rofl: Oops, I shouldn't laugh. HH, Nancy

:veryangry:...........:ranting:........:rant:..........:punch:

bula said:
So how deep was it? I use the 6x10 eclipse most of the time & get 8 to 10" in our soil
My Lesche was all the way in the hole I know, I'd say no less than 10 inches down. It was a faint target but VDI averaged 82 (typical for a silver dime on my machine).

Larry, How is the D2 with seperation? I have a M6 with the stock coil and the 5.3, was thinking of getting a coil that covers more ground than the 5.3 but would give me seperation in mild trash. I was thinking of a 6x10 but the extra depth of the D2 sounds like a big plus.

Nice seated dime in very good (VG) condition, especially for a dug coin. All the dd coils are better for separation. Think of a regular (cone) coil as a V and everything in that V will register as a hit.....trash, penny, dime. A dd coil sends out a signal that looks like a ..l.. Therefore, better separation. I hope that makes it a bit clearer.....jim

I like the separation of the D2 fine. It might not be as good as the 5.3, but you said in "mild trash". The 5.3 should be much better in heavy trash. Unless your ground is heavily mineralized, you might not get better performance with the D2 anyway, the stock 950 could have the depth advantage and separation should be very good on all except shallow targets with the 950. I would try a D2 if you could before purchasing to see if it is really an advantage to you. The DD coils works better for me in my ground, but that might not be the case for you. Nancy and I hunt side by side and she uses her 950 and I the D2, both work good.

If I said the depth that I thought the coins I find with the D2 people more than likely won't believe it so I usually say no less than 10 inches cause I'm sure it was that deep. I don't think my stock coil ever would have heard this coin, the D2 definitely goes deeper in my opinion, the separation is excellent on this coil but for the really trashy areas I use my 4x6DD shooter. There were two other people with me when I found it, my brother with his Minelab SE and clay with his MXT with a super 12 coil, they both didn't find one old coin in 2 different hunts there. Knowing your machine and what it's telling you have a lot to do with it. I use a Super 12 in the winter through the snow but it doesn't I.D. targets as good as the D2 but it has the depth only in the center and it will probably go and inch deeper than the D2 but only in the center of the coil and also it's much heavier. This D2 coil was made for the MXT in my opinion. People aren't happy with it on their V3's that much and are going to the 6x10DD which is a good coil on the MXT for woods. Here's a few more finds that I made from the park.

Congrats on some of the oldie coins finds !!