Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's Been a While

Nancy-IL

It's been a while since Larry and I have been detecting. Since we got some much needed rain, we went out detecting for a bit. Couldn't stay long because health issues but I did find a couple of keepers. 1963 quarter, a 1946 wheat cent and a really cool old faucet knob.

And here's a picture of our youngest member, Major. He's our lap dog (puppy). :blink: Thanks for looking and HH, Nancy

[attachment 346910 20170624_140659.jpg] [attachment 346911 OurLittleLapDog1.jpg]

Good job. Wow, Major has sure gotten big.

I got permission to hit a neighbors yard. Went over it a bit when it was dry just to get an idea of what might be below ground, no digging but did get two deep Indian Head Cent signals. Went back after the rains and found one of the Indians and an 1830's flat button with a tiny bit of gilt still on the back. It's frustrating, I still haven't relocated the second Indian signal.

As for Major, I think he must be part camel. And here we bought him thinking he was a Boxer. :surprised:

Good detecting! I love those Indians. :thumbup: Isn't it something that as old as the button is and being in a field with so many chemicals in the field, it's still has some gilt. That's so cool. I hope you can find where the other Indian ran to. I swear they do move HH, Nancy1

Right there with ya. I haven't been able to get out at all this summer until this past Thursday. Didn't find much of anything though, just some clad and pull tabs of course. I only stayed out for a couple hours though. The heat and humidity were really starting to get to me. Every other time I had a day off it was raining or, I had family functions to attend. Going out tomorrow though, hopefully the weather cools off a little because, where I am going there aren't many shade trees. Hope everyone is having a great summer! HH

I hope you're able to get out and enjoy the hobby tomorrow. I don't know but I think the weather is still to be oppressive. Be careful out there and take water. HH, Nancy