Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's been awhile since I posted anything good....

BH_Landstar_

I've not been able to get out as much like I did last year, so the finds have been very small. I've managed to find around $150.00 + in lost change, and 3 silver rings over the last 3 - 4 months.

I got out today, hit two places local, first place just gave up clad coins (using the X-Terra 705), spent about 90 mins there, then I decided to go to one of the other local places that I hit from time to time, by this time it's close to 11am and getting too hot to stay out in the sun for too long, so I hit the shaded area's around some trees with the E-Trac, got 3 iffy nickel readings in a 4 foot area, decided to dig them all, 2 was nickels, the other was a pull tab, moved 5 feet to the next tree and got a strong 12:16 / 12:18 hit at 3 inches. I said that's a pull tab by the way it sounds, but I dug it anyway, low and behold ...... Gold !

Gold ring number two for the year, it's 14K @ 3.8 grams. It's been awhile since I found any gold, the last gold was in late spring with a gold pendant off the beach.

Got home, cleaned it up and thought, hmmm ! I've dug a ring like this before, and sure enough, I had, a silver one (I think it's silver, no stamp in it) that I dug up last year (picture of both below).

HH everyone, and have a great day.

cool stuff!:clapping: I know what you mean about getting out, I have not gone out much lately due to a lack of free time, but its interesting to see what other people are digging.

Congratulations on your gold find. How cool to have a matched set now! Thanks for the story and pictures.

NebTrac

That is so weird you have the same ring in silver. Great find!! I don't know if I'll ever find gold. I hope so.

You alright BH? You used to find 150 bucks per month in clad alone..not to mention the gold, Plat and silver..i've always tried to pattern my hunting around your success, and attempt to catch you every year...you OK? I'm worried.:shrug:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
You alright BH? You used to find 150 bucks per month in clad alone..not to mention the gold, Plat and silver..i've always tried to pattern my hunting around your success, and attempt to catch you every year...you OK? I'm worried.:shrug:
Mud

Hi Mud,

Yeah, I'm fine, been very busy at work, so not had the time to get out like I did last year.

Yes, some months I'd fine $200 + in coins and then the silver and gold, at some point one has to have a lull in finds, and I guess this is mine. Watch out for next year, as I hope to come out with all guns blazing :)