Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's been quite awhile since I have dug one of these...

sgoss66

It's funny, because a few weeks ago I was thinking about how last year, ALL of my silver coins were dimes! I'm not complaining; there was a Seated dime and a few Barbers in there for 2017, but still -- it had been a LONG time since I dug a silver coin larger than a dime.

So, of course, my first silver for 2018 (two weeks ago) was a Washington quarter (with the Equinox)! LOL. And then, about a week after that, after a Rosie and a Merc were found with the CTX, I then dug a New Zealand "One Shilling" coin (50% silver) with the Equinox about a week ago. It's just about the size of a quarter, so that made two "larger" silver coins already this year, out of the first four I dug. So, through this morning, I was batting .500 for the year!

BUT -- since both of those larger silver coins were found with the Equinox, I still was running almost a year and a half with only silver dimes being found, while running FBS machines (Explorer most of last year, and then the CTX thereafter).

Today though, even THAT "dime streak" was destined to fall, and in a "BIG" way! The CTX managed to sniff out a coin I haven't found in probably 3 years...

[attachment 356282 3-20-18FranklinHalf-rotSMALL.JPG]

Shown below are the rest of the keepers...well, MOST of them. Along with the three Oklahoma 1-mil tax tokens at the top of the pic, I also found a Missouri 1-mil token, but dropped it/lost it while climbing down to check out a bottle dump! But that's another story for another time! LOL.

[attachment 356283 3-20-18Finds-rotSMALL.JPG]

It was a fun hunt today; the CTX with 17" coil was really sniffing them out today. Nothing SUPER deep, though the Rosie was around 8" or so...

The Franklin half was about 6" to 7" deep, and was a SCREAMING 12-45 (in Ferrous-Coin mode...)

And, with a half dollar and a dime found today -- making it 3 dimes and 3 "bigger" silver coins for 2018, I'm still batting .500 for the year, LOL!

Steve

Congrats Steve. Mr. Franklin looks happy to see the light of day.

Congrats Steve, nice Franklin.

You just can’t argue with halves! That’s a sweet one Steve! Good that you ran across that guy!:)