Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's heavy brass, that's all I know

Coptician

Measures 2.5" square, 2.1" tall. It's one solid piece, the knob doesn't turn. No holes for mounting to anything. My best guess on the lettering (x's are illegible): Top: COLBOR x x Bottom: x x x x ERS MA x x ' Y. There's also an "H" stamped right in the middle of the knob. Found in a farm field in Chesapeake, VA adjacent to a railroad track.Posted this and now I see my pics won't attach. Grrr!!

Working with another forum, might have a winner. The top knob that forms the triangle of the 3 knobs looks like a strong possibility. The words on my piece are only centered around the knob correctly when a corner of the square is pointed toward the ground. It was obviously meant to be viewed in that orientation. The top knob on this pie maker is oriented the same way. And a second look at the letters, my second word could be "bakers".

Got it. It's a pie stamp, The bottom is pressed into the pie top to identify the pie. A for apple, C for cherry, P for pumpkin
...I guess mine is Huckleberry? Circa 1905. Colborne Bakers Machinery is still in business and their automated machinery makes 90% of massed produced pies in the US.