Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Its like Christmas over here!!

etracjoe

Just received my new CTX from the UPS guy. Thank you to New England Detectors for such outstanding service and the fastest shipping I've seen. Also received my new muzzle loader today so I feel like a kid at Christmas. Been waiting on that for a year now. Battery on the CTX is on the charger and detector is fully assembled, which by the way was extremely easy and I did not look at the guide.

My initial evaluation is a very well put together machine. I did strap it to my arm just to get the feel of it and I will say I'm impressed with the balance. That's good because it will come in handy for the many hours I will be puting on this machine. I really like the new battery charger and the fact it comes with a 12 volt dc adapter. I hope to get out with it on Sunday morning but in the meanwhile I have to print out the manual and do some reading. Also need to figure out how to set up the wireless. Mainly my question to that is how do I charge the wireless up?? I see there is a usb connection on it. I thought it would take AA batteries. Another thing to point out is although I will miss the x1 probe there is a plus side, I can keep the coil wire hidden in the lower rod and no extra wires from the probe to get snagged. I hunt mainly deep woods and fields and snags are always an issue. One more note is the fact I really like there is no foam grip. I removed the grip on the Etrac because it was uncomfortable in my hand.

Just would like to also say thank you to Minelab for really doing their homework and bringing another fine detector for those of us that are serious about detecting.

Wireless is easy to charge Joe. In your package you should have received a micro usb cord. It will plug directly into the WM 10.under a rubber seal next to the headphone plug in...which you then just plug into your USB port. It doesn't take long to charge.
Believe me....you will miss your SunRay Probe....the Propointer is ok....but it's not nearly as good as the SunRay.

I know it is a small detail,But if they could make a better fitting carry bag that would be a plus for me as I always use one with my detectors. And if I am going to lay out that kind of money I diffenently want a good one!