Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's on the way:detecting:

DigginDoc

Just thought I would slide in, say hello, and report a new E-Trac will be hitting my door perhaps the end of next week. I have read everything and watched the videos until I'm blue in the face. I even downloaded the emulator (French Francs?) I changed a few settings and low and behold screwed everything up:surrender: I have been reading your posts with enjoyment and hope to be posting good stuff in the near future. Any suggestions appreciated. I am a general hunting kind of guy for coin and jewelry but also hope to branch out to relics and a UK hunt. I guess factory settings will be in order to start but I will look into coin combined with jewelry for a fav setting if thats possible. Stay tuned
Happy Hunting to all and stay safe.
Doc

Be sure to get Andy Sabisch's book. It will help immensely... Goodluck! GH

so happy for you the excitement must be unbearable any questions just ask they are a great bunch of guys i dont do technical stuff so i ask them to explain simply and always get good quality answers biggest decision is whether to work two tone ferrous or conductive the coin mode will let you hunt in conductive and the relic mode will have you hunting in ferrous so thats an easy way to start if you have been reading the posts you will have seen the debates and the why and wherefores and just listen to everyone and then go out and enjoy i hope you have earphones that have adjustable volume turn it quite low to start with and as i have said before if you get coil wet or damp always make sure coil is carried downwards so it doesnt travel up stem to electrics you do have a computer up there so just a little care and the etrac will sing till the cows come home lol

School yourself on TTF. While running this program is not for everybody. It really make the ET shine.
Get a screen cover .

Your going to love your new E-Trac, I too watched every video I could find and read every post plus Andy's book. I spent over three months weighting what machine to buy, E or V and went back and forth ( tuff choice) but choice the E-Trac and every time I use it I'm more than happy with my choice. I was a long time whites user and still have one but I had also had a Explorer XS around 2000 and remembering the things I liked about it.

the etrac is a very advanced detector just remember you can turn any detector into a ttf detector the etrac was built for trash that is wht the quick mask is for the s curve is out of the etrac so the discrimination is very tight and hardly no dead time so when you put the etrac in ttf the potential is gone you just as well have bought a bounty hunter and put it in all metal