Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's refreshing to see more well rounded reviews.

I watched the video of the man that said he always tightens all the screws on a new detector. I am sure XP puts some sort of lock-tite. When the screw is tightened, and the lock-tit hardens, the screw will not come loose. If you tighten the screws after it is hardened, it breaks the lock-tite and the screw can come out easier.

I like my original Deus setup,and every time I use it I’m amazed at the things I find. Same with the equinox 800, I Honestly didn’t like the machine at first but I’d be hard pressed to get off it now... New machines are always fun,and I’ll be watching the results of the masses roll in..But I’m pretty sure I have nothing to gain at this point by buying one,I don’t feel like I’m missing anything with the original Deus,or the nox.. But good luck to those of you who are buying the Deus 2.

for those talking about the loose screws....I just received my Deus II today and one screw had fallen out of the handle into the box. 10 second fix. I don't consider that to be a hit against Deus in anyway! Still a quality product in my mind.

Agree. I detect with serious enthusiasm but I treat my equipment very delicately as opposed to digging tools I don’t Ming being hard on. Also absolutely cannot go home with filthy detector- I brush or cloth it clean before backpacking it and wash off when I get home. And, the Deus II will be my only detector so it’s getting extra care.
Same here!…..I do a breakdown & rinse off of my equipment after each beach trip….So far, I’ve had no problems with my Equinox as others have reported.

for those talking about the loose screws....I just received my Deus II today and one screw had fallen out of the handle into the box. 10 second fix. I don't consider that to be a hit against Deus in anyway! Still a quality product in my mind.
Yeah, I’ve been hearing about this being an issue. I think I’ll look at mine a little closer.

I believe I lost a few screws over the years myself 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Send it back!!! Screws fall out all the time the worlds a imperfect place!
Mark

Send it back!!! Screws fall out all the time the worlds a imperfect place!
Mark
Heck no! A loose screw once tightened is no longer an issue. I have no complaints!! I have had so much good luck with both my ORX and Deus 1 I am looking forward to good things with the II. XP makes a great product! I can't wait for the snow to finish melting so I can get at it in the mud.

I always look over anything i buy these days. Check screws if its appilicable, check bolts, for bent or damaged pieces. Todays standards are lower than they used to be by employees at manufacturing and assembly plants. Not talking about xp or the new deus but just in general. Lots of 20 somethings just looking to make it till friday slamming things together as fast as they can

Still hashing and rehashing the merits of a review by a person who got a detector for free…really? There are obviously some high horse riders trying to strut their stuff-or lack thereof-still! The Deus II is certainly a game changer, even if it performed 10% better than the Deus I! Why? Well it’s waterproof number one, and more on that point is that it’s waterproof to more than 10’, which absolutely does change the game for those who like to dive. I’ve been watching all the reviews and I wouldn’t say any particular one was more ‘well rounded’ than another. Bloviating and criticizing serve zero purpose and sadly, seems to be the trend on the forums these days. Meanwhile a bunch of folks carry on using various machines with great success and not sharing their info because some Monday morning quarterback will just come along and poop on it all. It’s tiring and not worth the mental energy. I see why CD left.

Consider myself lucky I’m getting my Deus II Saturday, with a little more luck I’ll have a chance to briefly use it-Saturday supposed to be mild and by then most of the snow gone. Still a few weeks till I can use it on a regular basis but at least I know I’m ready. Have a lot of Deus II videos and forum user comments to catch up on with more of them out there now.

Heck no! A loose screw once tightened is no longer an issue. I have no complaints!! I have had so much good luck with both my ORX and Deus 1 I am looking forward to good things with the II. XP makes a great product! I can't wait for the snow to finish melting so I can get at it in the mud.
Lol it was a joke..From The breakfast club the movie.
mark

Consider myself lucky I’m getting my Deus II Saturday, with a little more luck I’ll have a chance to briefly use it-Saturday supposed to be mild and by then most of the snow gone. Still a few weeks till I can use it on a regular basis but at least I know I’m ready. Have a lot of Deus II videos and forum user comments to catch up on with more of them out there now.
Good to hear Ive been out all week here its been in the 40's got some nice silver to no time to sit for me..
Mark

Good news!…..Well, I had mine since last Wednesday and I haven’t had the chance to take it out in the field yet…..Family & job obligations has prevented me…. Hopefully this weekend I can go?…..like you said, videos have kept me entertained for the time being…….Good luck out there!