Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's refreshing to see more well rounded reviews.

Detector was run in full tones. I like to run like this in polluted sites. Why? I get a better pic of masking potential hence it may drive me to put less stock on id of target detected. Meaning ID presented could be in error. Hence I could walk on a good target.

Wow everyone should just have fun and just dig.
Kinda silly arguing over detectors.
I have done great with a lot of machines.
I'm buying the deus 2 because it's light, wireless and easy to put in a backpack.
Just have to learn the machine no matter which one you have.
Life is too short to complain.
Happy digging all.

I have owned an XP deus-1 for several years now. I also owned a Nox 800. I sold my Nox because I did not use it much due to the weight. The XP at less than 2 pounds is easier to swing all day than the Nox at almost 4 pounds, more with bigger coils. I love both detectors. I cannot say one is better than the other. I have several different detectors all of which has their place in my type of detecting.

The Deus II is now my only detector aside from my Teknetics omega 8000 rebuilt on a telescoping fiber shaft, so for me having both coils didn’t seem excessive. It’ll give me an edge over the 9” when I have large areas to detect plus a modest depth advantage. I just wish I’d have the 9” first but at least I’m ready to roll now. Was getting nervous I’d not have it for weeks more.

Detector was run in full tones. I like to run like this in polluted sites. Why? I get a better pic of masking potential hence it may drive me to put less stock on id of target detected. Meaning ID presented could be in error. Hence I could walk on a good target.
I saw a video calabash did about full toes and you can miss targets I like to run No or very low discrimination to me the Deus factory programs use way too much discrimination I run little to none but that’s me I find a lot more f silver every year so I do what works for me not what the factory sets the machine at… just my two cents
Mark

I will be 80 in September and I hunt mostly house or business demolitions here in the Houston area. Mostly houses from the late 1800's to 1950's. After a demo on the house there are hundreds of nails, bits of aluminum, lead, copper, iron, etc., everywhere. I have about 50 hours on the D2 and maybe 500 on the Nox800. Right at this moment in time I use the standard program 1, with sense at about 93, and 5 tones. My only issue at all with the Deus 2 is I cannot tell what is there under the coil! Yes, it is in the high 80's to mid 90's but there is NO correlation at all with what is there. With the Nos I can basically tell if it is a wheat, an Indian, zinc, a nickel or a war nickel, a clad dime or silver, same with a quarter! But for the life of me I cannot 'tell' what is coming out of the ground with the D2! I am getting pretty sure with nickels (61-62) and war nickels (70-71) but still dig a lot of junk. I suppose if I learned the 'tone nuances' more then that would assist in identifying! After watching dozens of You Tube videos I feel certain that most of the people in those videos have no idea either!
Going from one 'stock' D2 program to another is going into another world of different sounds and numbers. Confusing to say the least!
To me, right now, the 9" D2 is not any deeper than the 6" 800 but that may change with more experience! I have gone behind myself with both machines to learn and that seems to help. So, right now, for me, the D2 has some advantages in weight, programming??? At the moment there is no context at all for target ID and that is the Nox. To me the small 6" coil on the Nox is superior for the area I hunt but I think I am getting the hang of very slowly 'tweaking' out signals in high trash areas with the D2.
So, for me , it is a learning exercise!

It's like a gun magazine reviewing a new gun. You'll hear 95-100% good things. Imagine that..
That doesn't mean it's good or bad.
Proof comes after daily use.
Thanks Dan

It's refreshing to see more well rounded reviews of the XP Deus II now that they are in the hands of more detectorists who did not get one for free.

Most of us are familiar with the individual who has posted a ton of review videos where he kept calling the XP Deus II a "game changer" and has said alot of negative things about other detectors which created a backlash against him. (Go Pro out!) This person loudly and brashly slammed other well loved brands of detectors. Then cried foul when criticism came his way.

Thankfully we are beginning to get other points of view!

Now there's a video out that showcases a build quality issue. This detectorist posted a video after an upper shaft screw fell out where it connects to the handle. He stated he made sure all the screws were tight upon receiving his detector. One fell out irregardless and it was very disappointing to him.

Another detectorist made a video and said on two occasions his new Deus II would not hit on targets the Nox 800 hit. The new Deus was absolutely silent. He also cited problems with interference from other detectors negatively affecting its performance. He ended up switching back to his old detector during the hunt. I appreciate him showing us these issues.

Finally, I just watched another detectorist's review video where he was hunting a park with his new XP Deus II. He said the detector did a fine job discriminating out a certain kind of aluminum screwtop with bottlecaps completely discriminated out. BUT...he said, in spite of that, he was frustrated he dug twenty to thirty other bottlecaps that sounded and looked like good, high conductive targets on the screen. He was frustrated to learn his new Deus II loves bottlecaps. I appreciate his review and his criticism.

The XP Deus II does not appear to be the perfect, game changing machine that one particular detectorist has repeatedly and loudly touted it to be. It is a new detector that, like all detectors, has strengths AND weaknesses. When one person repeatedly calls it a game changer that trumps other detectors...well, that makes me suspicious. (And it antagonizes other detectorists.) So I'm glad and thankful to see other detectorists providing us with more well rounded reviews.

I was happy to see that one detectorist who stated repeatedly that his freebie XP Deus II outperformed other detectors - finally - posted something other than another nauseating, glowing review. He very recently posted a video about an EMI issue.

"Thank you, sir!"

I too am a firm believer that any detector can be a killer machine in the right hands. They all have pluses and minuses. Finally, I believe a bit of tact and diplomacy could've saved that one individual a lot of grief. In my opinion, he brought it upon himself and then claimed he was unjustly attacked. But enough of that.

In closing, I must say I'm still considering getting the XP Deus II. I appreciate that we are beginning to see more unbiased critque videos by other detectorists. Happy Hunting

Hello, two things, I am retarded when it comes to electronics and I hunt for silver coins 100% of the time, except at the beach. I drove 250 miles to have The Hunter GT program my Deus II the way I want to hunt. I cannot express how much I love this machine now. You hear all the time how guys are going back to sites previously hunted and finding silver coins. Well I cannot believe all the silver I am finding going back to old sites. The program is set so the volume is down (quiet) all on targets, except nickels and copper pennies and clad coins. So the screen goes from 1 to 99 and my machine is set so 61 and 62 (nickel) rings out loud, and 91 and up rings out loud. So when swining my machine when a loud mid tone rings out, I stop and investagate, and it is always a pull tab or quit often it is a nickel. And when I hear a loud high tone ring out, and it is deep ( 6-12 inches), it's either a deep memorial penny, a wheat penny, or deep clad, or as I am hoping, it's a silver coin. And when at the beach, this machine goes really deep. Yes, I am super glad I bought my Deus II.
One thing, the plastic part that holds the control box (remote control) on broke and I had to replace mine. Just be careful when taking the remote control on and off.

Last edited:
on the screw coming loose he tightened it & possably broke the factory lock tight
as far as the alum bottle caps they come in the same as zink penneys on every machine ive ever used in over 50 years & ive owened a bunch
on the crosstalk issue where he couldend hit the target i dont usely hunt right next to another multu frequency detector cell phones also mess things up
looks like quite a bit of nit picking to me
ive owened a few xp products & they have all been quality & soon ill have a deus 2 :cool:

I became very interested in the Deus 2 by watching the early videos. It was light in weight, looked well built and had preset settings or the means to make setting adjustments. I now see the unboxing and the newer videos and have questions that will play out with more users commenting on the Deus 2. In my opinion, the screen is small and cluttered, the arm cuff looks flimsy, the upper and lower shaft is plastic and the tacky little wrap around wire from the coil to the control pod. What happens with that wire when you collapse the shaft, do you have to unwrap it or what? The real test for me is after a month or two when the beach hunters give it a good work out swinging in the pounding waves while in chest deep water. Before I spend $1600 I need to see more beach hunters testing and commenting on the Deus 2.

It's refreshing to see more well rounded reviews of the XP Deus II now that they are in the hands of more detectorists who did not get one for free.

Most of us are familiar with the individual who has posted a ton of review videos where he kept calling the XP Deus II a "game changer" and has said alot of negative things about other detectors which created a backlash against him. (Go Pro out!) This person loudly and brashly slammed other well loved brands of detectors. Then cried foul when criticism came his way.

Thankfully we are beginning to get other points of view!

Now there's a video out that showcases a build quality issue. This detectorist posted a video after an upper shaft screw fell out where it connects to the handle. He stated he made sure all the screws were tight upon receiving his detector. One fell out irregardless and it was very disappointing to him.

Another detectorist made a video and said on two occasions his new Deus II would not hit on targets the Nox 800 hit. The new Deus was absolutely silent. He also cited problems with interference from other detectors negatively affecting its performance. He ended up switching back to his old detector during the hunt. I appreciate him showing us these issues.

Finally, I just watched another detectorist's review video where he was hunting a park with his new XP Deus II. He said the detector did a fine job discriminating out a certain kind of aluminum screwtop with bottlecaps completely discriminated out. BUT...he said, in spite of that, he was frustrated he dug twenty to thirty other bottlecaps that sounded and looked like good, high conductive targets on the screen. He was frustrated to learn his new Deus II loves bottlecaps. I appreciate his review and his criticism.

The XP Deus II does not appear to be the perfect, game changing machine that one particular detectorist has repeatedly and loudly touted it to be. It is a new detector that, like all detectors, has strengths AND weaknesses. When one person repeatedly calls it a game changer that trumps other detectors...well, that makes me suspicious. (And it antagonizes other detectorists.) So I'm glad and thankful to see other detectorists providing us with more well rounded reviews.

I was happy to see that one detectorist who stated repeatedly that his freebie XP Deus II outperformed other detectors - finally - posted something other than another nauseating, glowing review. He very recently posted a video about an EMI issue.

"Thank you, sir!"

I too am a firm believer that any detector can be a killer machine in the right hands. They all have pluses and minuses. Finally, I believe a bit of tact and diplomacy could've saved that one individual a lot of grief. In my opinion, he brought it upon himself and then claimed he was unjustly attacked. But enough of that.

In closing, I must say I'm still considering getting the XP Deus II. I appreciate that we are beginning to see more unbiased critque videos by other detectorists. Happy Hunting
Does the bottle cap feature simply not respond to aluminum or will it actually see a good object next to it? Have used deus 1 along time and know when I have a cap most of the time w/o gimmicks but I do need a new SMF machine. The different opinions have helped a lot.

Well I've only had my Deaus 2 a couple weeks. Have had the one since October but didn't use it much before buying the 2.
Sold the Nox 800 just before the Deaus 2 arrived. Really enjoyed the Nox but felt like something had to go and my thinking is the Deaus 1 and 2 compliment each other.
That's just me. I kinda have sellers remorse but I suppose I could replace it but think I'll wait and see if Minelab comes out with a new model.. I've been using Deaus 2 almost everyday and just really enjoy it for it's speed and separation. And Depth. I feel like I'm finding stuff I've missed in the same location with the Nox the Deaus 1 and my old V3i. Anyway just my experience and that and 5 bucks might get ya a latte.
I like using a tweaked version of the coin program Mental Metal has on his channel. 5 tones zero disc. Based on park.
It's a fun hobby and there is room for everyone and their own spin!
Peace!