Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Itty bitty seated

goldbill

Today I got a chance to explore some new territory. I was scouting for mushrooms and of coarse detecting. I was going to walk to the river about 1 mile and hope to find perhaps an old swimming area. The river didn't look good for swimming but there were definitely trails or paths there. I started back and thought I would dig some bullets. My 5 th signal was a little high but not silver range and it looked to be down 5 inches. I dug a plug and the signal was in the top of it. Must be tiny I thought and it was.. This is my second American half dime and the other is also an 1853. Bill P.S. Before anyone wonders YES I did clean it .

Great find Bill. When are you going to teach your class?

You did a great job cleaning it Bill, you restored it back to uncirculated condition....:biggrin:......... congratulations on the great find.

I have found lots of silver before 1900 , But only one half dime , Almost let it go ,Lots of 22 casings around the area But sounded good and tiny .I consider it one of my best finds.I didn't even know they had them before I dug it up.

Great find . Beautiful.

Bill, that is gorgeous! Great find.

Howdy GoldBill--

Good job on the find and the cleaning!

My Seated finds collection still lacks the Half Dime, 20 Cent Piece and Seated Dollar. Sooner or latter...

Happy Hunting
Blind Squirrel

Thanks everyone for the comments.This halfdime is in real great shape .It is exactly 100 years older than me and looks a heck of a lot better!!!!!!! Bill