Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I've been scarce on the forums for the past few years.............

mtdoramike

But with health issues and my other hobby, metal detecting has kind of taken a back seat for a while. I have a few things on my bucket list that I wanted to get out of the way while I still good enough to do them, one of which was to build a large ship model for my local library so folks could enjoy it, like it, dislike it or what ever. So I have been working on a model of the HMS Victory for the past two years and coming to an end soon. I'm hanging sails now so hopefully I'll be finished with it by December along with the mahogany and plexiglass display case. I'll be taking a break for a few weeks and going to the Islands for a bit in a couple of weeks and then once the model is finished, hope to spend 6-8 months a year in the Islands (another bucket list item).

That is a beauty.................Will you post a pic of the completed cased up ship please when your all done ??

Sure thing, I also received some wood from England that came from the real HMS Victory ship that I incorporated into the ship model and used it to make davits, anchor collars and various pieces of the ship.

mike

n/t

That's a nice job. I built an r/c sloop rigged sailboat. I also fly r/c planes, seems many of us share similar passions.

Thats awesome mike,, you obviously have a passion for model shipbuilding and it shows...very very nice job....

Mike, I like it ....cool job.
I don't have the paitents right now for a project like that
But don't hurry back to MD because it;s dry as a one out there in plenty of places here in NJ