Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

J. C. Higgins 42 inch Rod and Reel

timwied

I was looking around my garage and remembered this J. C. Higgins 42" overall length Rod and Reel in perfect condition that I picked up somewhere years ago. The rod itself is 32 inches. I've googled it and can only find 4 1/2 ft. rods on J. C. Higgins? Could this be a demonstrator rod, one used for display? It works perfectly and I was wondering if any of you would know about this one. Here are some pics of it. Thanks
[attachment 352662 IMG_1544.jpg][attachment 352663 IMG_1547.jpg][attachment 352664 IMG_1552.jpg][attachment 352665 IMG_1548.jpg]

[attachment 352667 IMG_1545.jpg]Here is a picture of the whole rod.

Pretty sure the rod broke at the handle end and was repaired.

I don't think it has been broken, if they did they were really good at the repair, with the stencil. It looks to be original, and unused! Looks like brand new. There are no line wear on any of the guides either.
Architex said:
Pretty sure the rod broke at the handle end and was repaired.

rferrari said:
Internet posting show it is from the 1950s and is trading at $50 for the rod alone. Peace Roy

Cool!!! Thanks for the info! I was offered $100 for it once, turned him down, I like it up on my wall!

Still would make a decent crappie rod for jigging. The ultra tech equipment of today does noting if you don't know how to fish.