Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jackpot (kinda)

garthbfan

So I walk into Wendys to grab a quick bit to eat and I see 16 pennies on the counter and the mgr looking at them. I notice right away 2 things 1 they are Wheat Backs and the next is the color isn't right. She asks me if there's something wrong with them. I said no they look like steel pennies to me. If you want I will buy them off of you and give you 16 cents in "real" money. She said fine and we switch coins. I almost had a heart attack when I got home to see that in 1943 they also made copper coins that are worth 20k each. They don't stick to a magnet. Of course all of mine are steel. Still a good find!!

Meanwhile at a nearby home... "Sara? Have you seen Daddy's coin booklet that was on my desk where you left little Dolly?"

Nice score on the steelies!! I went into a conv. store a few years back and when the clerk gave me my change, I heard that silver "clink" when it hit my hand. Two silver quarters. I asked if they could give $5 in quarters and got 8 more!!

Nice find, diden't even have to break out the detector. I can't even find a baked potato at our local Wendy's. They never have what's on the menu.

Awesome luck on those steel war pennies!:super: Man, I think I've only found a couple of those in all my years of detecting!:wiggle: Very nice!:clapping:
Happy Hunting!:)

Thanks to all for comments!! :detecting:

Quick thinking on your part and bigcatdaddy's, too. Offering to exchange the steel pennies for real money and asking for $5.00 worth of quarters, and getting even more silver change is too smart. Just don't eat the chili at Wendy's. The last time we ate there it tasted like dishwater. I got a 1964 roosevelt dime in my change about a month or two ago. It made my day, such as it was.