Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jesus bronze statue.

Thats the dangdest thing I've ever seen! Is it stamped or marked in some way? It looks like it was designed with some sort of purpose like a tool or something. It could be a really old relic or charm of some sort? How big is it?
Mud

there is some kind of mark or letters you can see at the last pic.
the size is 20 cm
sorry for my poor english gays

I really don't think it depicts Jesus and it does look like some kind of tool. Kind of looks like a wood stove lid lifter handle or something similar.

Kinda cool whatever it is from but, how did you come to the conclusion it was Jesus. :lol:
Is does look like a handle due to the attachment points at the ends.
It looks more like a person going down one of those homemade wet slides you always see on the hillbilly t.v. shows. :rofl: :rofl:

I kind of like it to. Don't know what it is. If you don't want it , just send it to me.... Thank you... KEN

That's really an odd find. If I found that caked with dirt I'd be thinking bronze Gumby :rofl:

I don't think it is a Jesus crucifixion depiction, either. First of all, he was not nailed face first to the cross and secondly, the ring at one end would have it hanging upside down. Now, as to what it may be, I haven't a clue. However, I am thinking this may be a LOT older than you may realize and that it should be seen by an antiquities expert. You may very well have something very valuable in your hands!

thank you Roland for your answer.
Archaeology shows a picture of the statue claimed it was from 1200 AD, but could well be even more ancient
It can be connected to St. Peter was crucified upside-down or describe very early, according to the faith of Christ crucified early face-Cross
I would appreciate information about the expert can evaluate the statuette
I'd love you to contact me personally
ofirvrubel@gmail.com

There are similar relics found in Italy, esp. around Sardinia, from a lost people called the Nuragi, I think. Some are gold, some are bronze (I think, 1987 was a while back for something that was only a casual footnote at the time.)

Just an FYI update: I have been in contact with Ofir and an archaeologist from the Israeli Antiquities Agency. To date, there has been nothing confirmed on the item. Many questions remain as nobody has seen another like it. I will update more if anything else surfaces.

Really cool fine, I like it.

I think it is a weight used to determine water depth. It would be tied onto the end of a string with knots that marked certain depths. Its a guess on my part. The figure appears to be a diver and maybe not jJesus.
Neat Find. HH

I think it is a weight used to determine water depth. Tie a string to the bottom where the hole is. Its not a Jesus figure, it is a diver. IMO