Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jewerly Hunters 1 frequency & normalization off

Rob in (Ca)

As a Jewelry Hunter I ran The DFX for years with The 1 Frequency with Normalization Off, which made The VDI scale much Much wider, hence ..... I was able to weed out (some) Pull Tabs and still get the gold .......So with The V3 with The 1 frequency & Normalization Off, will I get similar results... Thanks Robert

It will work the same. Normalization off, I've just never seen the advantage. Rob

If I was a jewelry hunter I think that is the way I would do it too.

In the past, I've found the jewelry from 2 to 68. All it took was to dig it all occasionally and if I hadn't, many good targets would still be in the dirt. Granted, the least areas that produced jewelry have been in the low 30's to low 40's but then again I don't tend to do high garbage spots much and dig everything that stays tight. I don't know if I should have used the normalization off more but tight is tight and just didn't trust any perceived advantage after that. I should at least do some hunts with those setting types though. The new info may show an advantage with this new V3i iteration? Need to get my V sent off.......

Gold jewelry can read on almost any number. Taking the the normalization off just gives a whole new bunch of numbers to learn. That's the reason I said I don't see the advantage. Rob

these numbers are from my DFX with 1 frequency & Normalization off. I printed this and taped it to my DFX. control box for reference. Rob is correct and you need to dig all mid range VDI's to find the gold, But if you notice on the chart below there's a large gap between the Modern pull tab , this is the only advantage doing this, to increase the gap between the modern pull tab.

I have used this on sidelines of sports field which are littered with modern pull tabs, and have found several gold Rings doing so. my fellow hunters would avoid because it's to trashy... .....I was just wondering if there was a large gap between the modern Pull tab with the V3's 22.5 Frequency

VDI Numbers with Normalization off

Zinc 81
nickel / Ring 45
Dime 88
Quarter 91
Large Gold Ring 68

(MODERN PULL TAB 50 )

Medium Tab 69 - 70
Beaver tail pull Tab 61
Small Ring 39
Foil top 13
small foil 12

rcasio44 said:
Gold jewelry can read on almost any number. Taking the the normalization off just gives a whole new bunch of numbers to learn. That's the reason I said I don't see the advantage. Rob

I hear you, and I think that way most of the time. The article I wrote for DFX Normalization describes the advantage...

"The benefit of using the Raw (non-normalized) modes is that, with increased VDI separation, you can more easily identify targets and discriminate the junk that may inhabit the same VDI range. The increased VDI separation improves your chances of finding desirable targets because you will dig less because you can be more selective. For instance, you're hunting for gold jewelry and there are two pull-tab varieties infesting the site. If you discriminate the single predominant VDI number of those two types of pull-tabs, causing the Tone ID to cut out on those targets, you will not be discriminating out a lot of the desirable targets. This is because there is a greater VDI separation in the desirable range and it is less likely that, by discriminating the undesirable target, you will miss many desirable targets. If you use the Normalized mode, the desirable and undesirable targets would be more likely to have the same VDI responses."

http://www.thebeepgoeson.com/display.asp?page=DFX_VDI_Norm

I'm usually too eager or lazy to mess with normalization off. If you had a trashy site that others avoided because of pulltabs, it could be your ticket to a lot of gold if you document the finds (pulltab VDI's) and follow thru with the plan.

Thanks Beep , I will just have to buy a V and tweak it to my liken.

for cherry picking with the competition I need the spread of the high Freq. and its ability to reach deeper with TX ON at high gain in sugar sand... plus it ability to single out micro gold....... It's all good.... price of lead is up as well as just about all metals ....might as well get the Spartan 300 work out.... :goodnight:.

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Rob in (Ca) said:
As a Jewelry Hunter I ran The DFX for years with The 1 Frequency with Normalization Off, which made The VDI scale much Much wider, hence ..... I was able to weed out (some) Pull Tabs and still get the gold .......So with The V3 with The 1 frequency & Normalization Off, will I get similar results... Thanks Robert

A while back I posted a chart of the VDI numbers for different targets in 7 of the 8 different frequency options of the V3. (I left out Salt Compensate). One of my accidental observations was that the V3 is dramatically more sensitive to small gold items in 22.5Khz. These targets were virtually undetectable in 2.5 Khz and very questionable in Best Data, but they rang out nicely in 22.5Khz.

Here is the link! http://www.freewebs.com/neilinwestjersey/Documents/V3_VDI_NORM.xls