Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jimmy Sierra headphones not working on Simplex +

fematrailer

I have a set of Jimmy Sierra Maxi Phones 2 and they're not working with my simplex. Call tech support and was told mono headphones won't work with the Simplex+! I don't know if these were mono or not. They work with my At-Pro. Does anyone know?

Have you tried a different adapter combo .1/8 to 1.4 etc..
I think the black color ones are mono gold color ones are stereo
Do the Jimmy Sierra Maxi Phones have a toggle switch on the ear cup

With headphones there is a difference in stereo and mono, some have a switch to go to one or the other, some like my Troy Pro dont have the switch so it works on either one. I think there are others too like this. Now some with the switch or even without get a broken wire in the cable they will work on one detector and not the other, so if you have the switch and it wont work set one way or another then the headphone probably has a broken wire in the cable. I think most all headphones should have a mono/stereo switch on them or made to work without the switch like my Troy pros and it dont work I would say you have a wire broke in the cable.

I hope that info will help you.

Rick

All of my headphones have very low volume. RAT phones, KILLER BEES, and JOLLY Rogers. All of these have a mono/stereo switch, (the RAT phones, you just have to flip the cable.)

Anyway, I spent my first hour searching for targets in my back yard without headphones, as I thought all of my headphones were bad.

Late in the evening, I did a generic google search for issues with headphones and the Nokta Simplex. Found multiple posts about this. But also, within the same threads, posts with zero issues. I read one post, where the person slowly inserted either the headphone plug, or the headphone adapter to find the ''sweet' spot of volume. I must do the same.

I must continue to search for a real fix for this, without having to send my machine back. Its prolly the little headphone adapter.

BTW, I haven't been visiting or posting on metal detecting forums for a few years, but when the price of this Nokta Simplex, videos, and when a buddy of mine got his, I just had to see for myself. So yeah, I'm back.

ejf

fematrailer: said:
I have a set of Jimmy Sierra Maxi Phones 2 and they're not working with my simplex. Call tech support and was told mono headphones won't work with the Simplex+! I don't know if these were mono or not. They work with my At-Pro. Does anyone know?
The info from Tech Support is mostly correct ... just incomplete. Let's put the answer out this way:

• The Simplex + ¼" STEREO Headphone Jack is wired for a ¼" STEREO Plug.

• Some headphones, current or offered in the past, are designed to work with a ¼" MONO Jack. The headphones might have a ¼" Stereo PLUG on the end of the cable, BUT, they were either wired to function with a MONO Plug ... OR ... somewhere in the wiring between the plug and the headphones they were changed for MONO wiring set-up, often at a Volume control, or sometimes with a toggle switch that would select or shift from Stereo to Mono wiring configuration. Many of the older White's models, and I don't mean real old, were so wired, and their headphones, such as some made for them by Koss, had an in-line volume control. I used the exact same headphones from Koss, but w/o the Volume control, and it was that White's headphone that featured a change to MONO operation even though they had the dual-band Stereo plug.

So, short story here ... if your jimmy Sierra headphones, made for White's detectors, had a Mono jack operation, buy a Mono to Stereo adapter and that might solve the problem. Better still, just buy a set of modem headphones that can be used on other makes and models as well that use a Stereo jack.

Monte