Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Joining the nox club

Piedmontartifacts

My 800 should be in my hand next Tuesday. Can’t wait to try it out. But looking forward to having a waterproof option in my bag. Hopefully I’ll be posting some finds in the near future. Good luck. PA.

Welcome Kenny,

You will find there are lots of types of hunters here, with a wealth of knowledge and lots of opinions. Best of luck with your new Equinox let us know how it works in the prospecting department.

Laplander

yeah it has a good place in anyone's arsenal I bought mine for water hunting and the beach..Good luck.

Too many reports from knowledgeable people for there to be nothing to it. I’m waiting till next season to get an 800 just to give it a chance to rectify the wobbly rods and stuff. But it’s looking like another good tool for the toolbox. Good luck with it PA,it should be a lot of fun!

It’s going to take some getting used to. The ID numbers are very different from my other detector. The rod issue I can deal with I think. I will be needing help I’m sure. PA.

ID numbers are pretty similar to an Xterra. My take is most machines have a bit different behavior one needs to adjust to. I found the 800 to be very easy to pick up on. Snugging the cams fixes the wobble on mine. I have used electric tape to fix some shaft wobble on other machines. The 'problems' pointed out on the 800 are pretty insignificant in my opinion. It has put nearly a dozen other detectors into early retirement- obsolete? I spent plenty of time and money buying and learning my excals and CTX (and many others) but I have not looked back once. Same with my Makros, I loved them but...
The darkside has never been so bright!

I'm sure glad I did. Welcome Aboard Piedmont! I don't know if it's the detector or not but I'm having my best year ever with the 600.

Ground balance ground balance it makes a huge difference in depth with the nox I nailed two barbers two Indians a silver Rosie and a sterling necklace in one stop this am !

Mkus said:
Ground balance ground balance it makes a huge difference in depth with the nox I nailed two barbers two Indians a silver Rosie and a sterling necklace in one stop this am !
will do. That was a great stop, I hope to get out with nox tomorrow. If it comes today.

All silver today best morning I’ve had with mine 1893 1906 1898 Indian and 1892 and a 1959 Rosie GB it makes a huge difference in my soil on depth!!

I've dug more silver in the last two months than the previous several years combined. I am beginning to think the 'nox may have contributed to that. I am anxious for the 6 inch coil to see if that will help. I kinda think it might. As all my friends are buying them I need to expedite my progress before they catch up. :clapping:

pasttom said:
I've dug more silver in the last two months than the previous several years combined. I am beginning to think the 'nox may have contributed to that. I am anxious for the 6 inch coil to see if that will help. I kinda think it might. As all my friends are buying them I need to expedite my progress before they catch up. :clapping:
Pastor that sounds good to me. You mind sharing the general settings your using for the success? I have not seen a 6” coil instock anywhere.