Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jubilee State Park Detecting.

Donnelli2005

Hello as I am new to metal detecting. I was thinking about going out for my first time at Jubilee State Park tomorrow. Does anyone know if I need to obtain a permit from the park office? I will be taking my children with me is their any tips as to where would be a good place to check?

A park metal detecting permit is a must. The office is open dally till 3pm.The college site is a historical landmark and off limits. Also no digging in the horse trails.

Good luck!

A few years ago it was free. Haven't gotten one recently. The form was real simple, just name, address, and phone number. The earlier in the day you get there, the easier it might be to find a ranger in the office.

The best place to find a lot of targets is the tent camping area. Stay away from the fire pits, because melted soda and beer cans sound off like quarters.

Well that was a bust, the park office was closed.... so much for the office being open daily till 3PM..... oh well me and my kids still have fun searching the creek!

State budget cuts are limiting park rangers and cutting jobs there too. A good project for the kids would be going to the library and asking to look at a plat map from the late 1890's. Take a modern county map with you and make notes of where the old homesteads and schools were. Jubilee State Park has a couple of old home sites that we have rescued a few coins from the 1800's. Good Luck.

If you can make it to the club meeting Wednesday, I have some of the permits........:thumbup:

That sounds awesome! I plan on attending the meeting this week. I went back to the park on Sunday and office still was closed......*eye roll*

That's our wonderful pay cuts in the state of Illinois. :thumbdown: See you at the meeting!

I finally went out for a quick lil hunt out to jubilee I'm not really sure how to pin point on my BH but I guess I'm trying and that's all I can do.

X marks the spot. When you get a solid repeatable signal swing one direction and mark center of signal. Turn 90 and repeat. Kinda makes a imaginary X on the ground. Dig in center of X.
We have found three of our silver coins with bounty hunter quick silver, including the Walking Liberty half recently. Did alot of YouTube video searches on bounty hunter and got some great tips. HH!

Sounds like you're learning and it's always good to practice pinpointing with a few targets in your own yard that were placed on top of the ground. I love the tot lots (playgrounds) to hunt in and that makes for a fast lesson on pinpointing. No dirt to dig, only woodchips. Glad you didn't come back empty handed. HH, Nancy