Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just $1.01 Today. Still Fun

scubadetector

Another day in the water at one of my favorite old spots. Used the Equinox this time. Boy, I dislike how quiet it is with headphones. Getting used to it a little but it really is a pain.

I will say one thing. I need 6 - 8" of gravel and muck to just dissapear here. I know there are very deep targets out there. In one spot I got a nice tone. Dug and dug and found the wheat cent. Dug further because there was a whisper of a high tone still and got the quarter. Then got the dime and the half. By the time I was done, I had a hole about 2' around and over a foot deep.

My only good silver finds were the 1929 half, 1942 quarter and a 47 and 54 rosey. Buffalo is a nice shape 1934. Wheat is a 45.

That ball of foil is not aluminum foil. Way too heavy. I thought is was a rock covered with foil but not. I am guessing it has a lot of lead in it. I thought that was strange. I think this is the first time I have ever found just the top of a Zippo with the rest not in sight.

Glad I now dive with a Garrett Carrot. Some of these small targets are very hard to locate after you get them out of the hole.

Charles (Sabre)(Tx) said:
But what a NICE group of "$1.01" coins! Looks like you are killing it with your unit! Nice job and very encouraging!

I am only killing it because this is a virgin spot for detecting. I have pulled over 450 pieces of silver out of there and almost 60 pieces of gold. It is illegal for almost everyone else to dive in this place and I have it all to myself, except when I bring a friend. Two days ago I let him borrow my Equinox headphones and he got two gold signet rings. GRRRRR. I have only pulled 3 gold rings out of here this year.

laplander said:
Congrats on your finds, sounds like your friend is dangerous though LOL
Laplander

That he is. I told him to get his own headphones! I don't need any help getting the gold.