Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just 14 weeks to go ... smaller Simplex-Plus coils needed!

Monte

In about 14 weeks I'll head off from here in Eastern Oregon for the 12th Welcome-to-Hunt Outing out of Wells, Nevada. I have some stops and visits to make along the way, but the Outing runs June 3rd thru the 7th. I'll travel with my outfit of detectors, especially my favorite for relic hunting the old ghost towns, the Nokta FORS Relic, but I'll have the Simplex+ along, but the standard 11" DD is useless in those sites.:thumbdown:

Too many weeds and heavy sagebrush to get in the way, not to mention the over-supply of discarded ferrous debris. My CoRe uses the small 'OOD' DD and the Relic the 5" DD. The Simplex+ is working okay for common, every-day sports fields and wide-open city parks, but I am desperately waiting to see some smaller coil offerings for the Simplex +. My personal favorites I wish for are a 5" DD for the trashier places, and I'd love to see a 7" Concentric coil that would enhance this model's performance in all the common places with 'average' trash where most coin & jewelry hunting are done.

I am really enjoying the Simplex+, but would enjoy it even more with smaller coils to enhance its versatility. I sure hope Dilek will post an update for us on what is coming and when we can expect it. We're almost half-way through February and I'll be loaded up and on the road right after my birthday in May, and time seems to fly-by this time of year!!

Monte

I agree, I wish they would at least give us an update.

@ Monte
Hey,
I wonder what you opinion would be on comparing and operation advantage of the Simplex+ to the Multi Kruzer- I upgraded my Kruzer search coil to the newer 11" AF-28 Impact coil for better depth. My tests before winter freeze out were good.

Asking in another way does the Simplex + have new features not available on the Kruzer?

I can get a 5" coil for the Kruzer for site with high iron content :unsure:
Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Coin Rescue Inc.:
Monte

Hey,
I wonder what you opinion would be on comparing and operation advantage of the Simplex+ to the Multi Kruzer- I upgraded my Kruzer search coil to the newer 11" AF-28 Impact coil for better depth. My tests before winter freeze out were good.
... Two very good units, and I'll add the Anfibio to the mix to make three. My opinions need to be considred as just that, 'mine,' but here are what I see as advantages:

• The Simplex is a lighter-weight and more comfortable unit for me. I'm older and I have really bad back, leg and foot, to narrow it down, and my mobility isn't great the last few years and I'm been trimming my entire detector Outfit to models that server their purpose for me and where I can still hunt, and they are the lightest-weight and better-balanced I have. The Simplex is the ONLY detector I can enjoy hunting with that uses as 11' DD coil simply due to the very good balance of it's design.

• I really was impressed with the Anfibio and 11" round DD coil. Nice balance and feel, impressive depth, and worked the same on a Multi-Kruzer. That was one of the things I hoped to enjoy with the Simplex +, and I have.

• I am going to have to start more urban Coin Hunting because lack of mobility is hampering my ability to get around the less friendly old ghost towns and such, plus I am not a sandy beach water hunter (canes & I don't get along well with soft, loose sand) , but I do sometimes hunt in a light shower, and I work a firm rock or gravel type freshwater beach from time-to-time. So for me, the more comfortable Simplex+ is ideal, and their choice of 12 kHz is just about ideal for a single-frequency, multi-purpose detector for my needs.

Coin Rescue Inc.:
Asking in another way does the Simplex + have new features not available on the Kruzer?... The Multi Kruzer offers modes and tone adjustment, and several features not found on the Simplex+. With the Multi-Kruzer you can adjust the Iron Audio volume that isn't adjustable on the Simplex+. And obviously, right now you have a lot of search coil choices for the Multi-Kruzer because as of today, there aren't any for the Simplex+.

Coin Rescue Inc.:

I can get a 5" coil for the Kruzer for site with high iron content :unsure: Thanks in advance...... And that would be a great idea! :thumbup: My best-performing detectors in my current and trimmed-down Outfit for get-serious Relic Hunting are my Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic. I keep a 4.7X5.2 'OOR" DD mounted on the CoRe, and the round 5" DD on the Relic to best handle the dense trash, building rubble and other debris that abounds in Nails and other Iron contamination ... and the blasted rusty tin.

For the same purpose I used the 5" DD on an Impact, Multi-Kruzer and Anfibio Multi, so I feel that would make a great choice. I am really hoping they offer a 5" DD for the Simplex+

Monte

In about 14 weeks I'll head off from here in Eastern Oregon for the 12th Welcome-to-Hunt Outing out of Wells, Nevada. I have some stops and visits to make along the way, but the Outing runs June 3rd thru the 7th. I'll travel with my outfit of detectors, especially my favorite for relic hunting the old ghost towns, the Nokta FORS Relic, but I'll have the Simplex+ along, but the standard 11" DD is useless in those sites.:thumbdown:

Too many weeds and heavy sagebrush to get in the way, not to mention the over-supply of discarded ferrous debris. My CoRe uses the small 'OOD' DD and the Relic the 5" DD. The Simplex+ is working okay for common, every-day sports fields and wide-open city parks, but I am desperately waiting to see some smaller coil offerings for the Simplex +. My personal favorites I wish for are a 5" DD for the trashier places, and I'd love to see a 7" Concentric coil that would enhance this model's performance in all the common places with 'average' trash where most coin & jewelry hunting are done.

I am really enjoying the Simplex+, but would enjoy it even more with smaller coils to enhance its versatility. I sure hope Dilek will post an update for us on what is coming and when we can expect it. We're almost half-way through February and I'll be loaded up and on the road right after my birthday in May, and time seems to fly-by this time of year!!

Monte
I am guessing the smaller coils for the simplex will be another 5 to 6 months away. Nothing is happening fast with the smaller coil production.

I am guessing the smaller coils for the simplex will be another 5 to 6 months away. Nothing is happening fast with the smaller coil production.
Yesterday we hunted one of the closer ghost towns, and most of the accessible low-weed and sagebrush areas is loaded with Iron Nails as the biggest offender. Some parts they are scattered, but I most of the busier areas it is that 'machinegun type response" even with a short 2' to 4' coil sweep. Bigger coils are useless, and even the mid-size coils (like a 7" Concentric on a Racer 2, or 5X9½ or 5X8 DD on a CoRe, Relic or ORX or Vanquish 540) work a bit better but still nothing like a smaller-size coil on a decent detector model. Far too much trash for me to grab my Simplex + w/11" DD and all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for a couple of good smaller-coil options for the Simplex + to be available in the near future.

Another beautiful day to enjoy detecting, so I'll make a crack-of-light drive eastward to get a new-to-me detector, then back past home and off to the west to enjoy more ghost towns hunting. A place where smaller-coils generally bring bigger-rewards. Just 7 weeks from today when I set out for the Welcome-to-Hunt Outing and I need smaller Simplex + coils as well as an ease-up on this virus shut-down. Motels and restaurants need to be open and operable so I don't have to reschedule the Outing. The Simplex + is a very comfortable and enjoyable detector to use and with smaller coils it will enhance its versatility.

Monte

Monte
Monte , I'm with you on that ,the 5 "would be fantastic. Wish ya the best on your upcoming hunt, HHHANK