Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

JUST A SIMPLE QUESTION ON DISCRIMINATION

With the limited technology of today, i highly doubt it will, but if the Minelab CTX 3030 can do that, it would be a real breakthrough and i would have to buy it regardless of price..:bouncy:

What Finder82 said, ESPECIALLY that last part!

That said, we have to find out what the machine can do. Perhaps the sounds are more sensitive like on the Explorers and when we combine that with the screen, we can get closer?

I may be wrong but giving each target it's individual tone then it may be possible or better than it has ever been. HH :minelab:

I'm going to speculate the answer is No, but the CTX may be a lot better than the E-Trac because of the smart coil and target trace giving more accurate ID numbers. I don't think you can ever eliminate 100% of the pull tabs, beaver tails and other aluminum pieces and not miss some gold jewelry and rings. Here is why I think that.

The problem is not all gold rings are created equal, the same size 10k ring made by different manufacturers will have the same % of gold but may have a different mixture of other precious metals so they will produced a slightly different tone and ID number and the sad thing is there are multiple sizes of pull rings from aluminum drink cans and they will produce some of the same ID numbers and similar tones that gold jewelry does.

Vacationing on the beach I have dug multiple pull tabs of every shape and size. The standard pull ring that is on most aluminum soda cans and beer cans seem to always produce the same sound and the same ID numbers on the beach, but I always dig them just in case. I have dug pieces of gold jewelry though that fell right there with the pull tab ID numbers and produced the same tone.

If pull tabs and other aluminum items produced ID numbers and tones that NO gold jewelry would produce, I would say the CTX with more accurate ID would definitely eliminate digging these pests, unfortunately they have the same characteristics.

I just wonder what percentage of gold rings fall into the same ID numbers as pull tabs.

BCOOP