Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just a thought on where we get information....:stars:

First let me say this group has been largely about sharing ideas and gaining knowledge about the nox. I have to say not all groups have been the same be careful what groups you join and if you dare give an opinion you get attacked and insulted. One group in particular has several hundred followers and seems the majority are there to fan boy another detector and troll anyone who supports ML and this machine. What really gets me is the admins of that group banned me for defending myself which was no where near as harsh as the attacks. I am an Admin for several FB groups and I don't ban people for defending themselves or stating an opinion. So, I ask this question why start or join a group that the title indicates is about or for product X users when you are nothing more but then a fan boy for another product. If any of those members are trolling over here I thank you for the ban I don't need that toxic environment. I hope to see some of you in the field as we are in the same circles elsewhere. Lastly, to those you have really made an effort to share info and discuss this new era in ML history, I say thank you I have learned a lot so just use caution where you get info because some of these groups are intentionally spreading false information.

Maybe they are dealers of other products?

This forum and other forums on this site are terrific and have helped me understand plenty, - thanks for keeping this above board!

Be smart while surfing the net. Leave when you know it's not helping you or others.

BigTony said:

This forum and other forums on this site are terrific and have helped me understand plenty, - thanks for keeping this above board!

Be smart while surfing the net. Leave when you know it's not helping you or others.

You are correct leaving when its counterproductive is the right move. I just wanted people to be aware of my experience.

mtwolf2270 said:
BigTony said:

You are correct leaving when its counterproductive is the right move. I just wanted people to be aware of my experience.

I posted about a similar experience recently. I don't think the people causing problems are dealers, they are probably scared and envious. Lots of people are running mid-priced detectors and know they arent getting top of the line performance. Lots of other people are running top-end detectors. Now Minelab is about to release what looks like a top line detector at a mid-line price. People are made that they spent $1500 - $2500 for something that may now be no better than an $800 machine.

We see it happen every time Minelab releases a new detector. When the E-Trac came out, there were so many people saying the claims and stories from users were lies. Then again when the CTX was revealed, my-oh-my did things get bad! So many people with so much hatred towards a yet-to-be touched detector. The CTX forum was actually deleted and started over again. And now we see it yet again with the EQ (just not near as bad here as other places). It will all pass once its released. All the haters will either dissapear back into the woodwork or quietly buy one and begin posting how great it is a few months later.

I do remember the CTX forum was brutal when it first came out. You are correct its jealous people who are upset cause they know this machine will likely be like all other new minelabs a real improvement. Like you said this may well be a game changer especially at the price point.

You don't need well developed lungs to blow hard on line. Not everyone anywhere knows what they are talking about for sure. If you are a thoughtful person you can look back and cringe at some of your comments. I hope we are all learning and growing. Soooo.... Cut some slack, take all with a grain of salt and try to keep your blood pressure in check. Idiots are everywhere and occasionally I am one too. I try to hide that fact but fail every now and then. Don't we all?
Free therapy/sermon- usually 5 cents.

pasttom said:
You don't need well developed lungs to blow hard on line. Not everyone anywhere knows what they are talking about for sure. If you are a thoughtful person you can look back and cringe at some of your comments. I hope we are all learning and growing. Soooo.... Cut some slack, take all with a grain of salt and try to keep your blood pressure in check. Idiots are everywhere and occasionally I am one too. I try to hide that fact but fail every now and then. Don't we all?
Free therapy/sermon- usually 5 cents.[/quote

Well said and yes I too have my moments no doubt.