Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just can never figure out Mother Nature......

Donna(NJ

Big Nor'easter to hit NJ coastline the other day. Tuesday big swells and not one target. Just a ton of new sand came in. Next day finally get the NE winds and again not one target.
No cuts, no scallops , no erosion !!!!! I think its just a crap shoot. Can never predict what Mother Nature may leave behind. Extremely frustrated.

My old hunting partner use to plot wind speed and direction thinking he could figure out where it may cut. Never did. Some places will always cut if condition(???) are right.
However, just cause it cuts, doesnt mean hunting will be good. Ive hunted many cuts that had nothing to offer. Then again, Ive walked out to the wet sand and it didnt look very promising but
some how Mother Nature left me some golden rings.... Go figure !!!!

Round 2 coming soon. Will keep fingers crossed. Its been a mighty lean year.

HH
Donna(NJ)

I thought I would quit beach hunting after several years of nothing. This year I found the gold necklace with fake nugget (gold plated) but that was right where the trail came up off the beach. I have to cross that one off my bucket list someday, right?

Just can never figure out Mother Nature​

Those words tell it all..
I've tried and failed, all one can do is get out and check, then hope. I had a Honey Hole a few years ago. It was like living a dream, then we had some strong winds of 40MPH's plus. The place was Covered with several feet of sand....😞
First I am still trying to figure out how it got uncovered, I know how it got covered. Twice a day I have recorded the winds for the last 16 months.. Waiting, watching and checking once ever few months. Maybe someday it will open again.. or maybe the winds and waves were so strong it moved all?

Good Luck Donna, I know if happens you will find it..

Just can never figure out Mother Nature​

Those words tell it all..
I've tried and failed, all one can do is get out and check, then hope. I had a Honey Hole a few years ago. It was like living a dream, then we had some strong winds of 40MPH's plus. The place was Covered with several feet of sand....😞
First I am still trying to figure out how it got uncovered, I know how it got covered. Twice a day I have recorded the winds for the last 16 months.. Waiting, watching and checking once ever few months. Maybe someday it will open again.. or maybe the winds and waves were so strong it moved all?

Good Luck Donna, I know if happens you will find it..
Good to hear from you !!!! Hope you and your Mom are feeling much better.

Just can never tell what what Mother Nature will leave for us. Always a challenge. Have to consistently 'go and check' There simply is no rime or reason to finding treasure.

I hope one day, that honey holes does open up for you again. It sure was fun while it lasted !!!!

HH
Donna

Too many billions of tons of reclaimed sand… I don’t get down there much but it sure seems like things were better before hurricane Sandy…

Too many billions of tons of reclaimed sand… I don’t get down there much but it sure seems like things were better before hurricane Sandy…
Oh they sure were. Its c omplete waste of time to hunt from Point down to IBS park. I actually almost cried as I watched Seaside being filled in with a billion tons of sand.
In just 2 years, it has eroded back til the end of the pier. That's a good sign. Maybe in a few years it will get back to the giant Sky ride. That was always a good marker when it was cut back to that point. I stopped by yesterday just to look. Just as sanded in as all the other beaches. Big storm and it was a total bust for most of us.

HH
Donna