Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just checking in! broken foot.

Goldstrike

Hi everyone! I've been off the radar for quite some time because of selling my California home this year and relocating to my Southern Utah property and having a new house being built here. My main reason for being off the radar recently since the move is because I lost hold of an auto transport tow dolly end (in California) and it smashed onto my foot breaking bones. I drove a 26ft Uhaul truck towing my van 8hrs with a broken foot with a big bag of ice on top. The pain was awful but I had no choice. Surgery was last Friday and I'm pinned and plated on that foot. and laid up for several weeks.
So....I'm looking at everyone's finds with great envy, not only on this site but other sites because I cannot get out myself to enjoy this awesome hobby we share. So vicariously, I 'm enjoying seeing you enjoying yourselves getting out and look forward to getting out myself!! Have fun and I look forward to posting some finds of my own hopefully in several weeks or so.

P.s. I really empathise right now with those that have the same passion for metal detecting and cannot do it because of similar disabilities. Hang in there and don't give up hope:thumbup:!!!

Glad to hear your on the mend Goldstrike and glad too from you.

Here's wishing you a Swift and Full recovery so you can get out and about and swing the coil.

Thanks guy's! Good health and being mobile are huge blessings that I try and not take for granted. I hope everyone has a great weekend:thumbup:

Thank you again for your kind comments!
Yesterday, I had more x-ray's and the doc said I could put the crutches away in a cupboard and just 3 more weeks wearing the big boot before I get some good quality supportive shoes. All I've been able to do is look out at the successively colder weather coming BUT....it's a moral booster to hear my foot is healing quickly! My heart goes out, especially to our service men and women, that come back from being injured mentally amd physically in combat etc; and suffer sometime's lifelong permanent injuries. We all owe them a deep sense of gratitude for their service for this great Country and keeping the peace around the globe. I hope they and all of us have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that we spare them a thought and a prayer especially today. Now time to clean up my equipment for later next month and the New Year!!!:thumbup: