Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just curious. Did the original Explorer have any advantage over the Nox?

John --

I ran an Explorer for a number of years, and now swing both the Equinox, and CTX 3030 (though, admittedly, I swing the Equinox more often; it has earned that distinction, for me, over time).

One thing I still LOVE about the Explorers, is the sound of a deep coin. However, the Equinox has its own telltale sound over a deep coin, that you learn to recognize after awhile. I also prefer the 2-D display (smartfind screen) with FE/CO numbers, as opposed to just one digit. NO DOUBT about that.

But, in terms of ability to hunt well...the Equinox in my opinion does not suffer in any way, in any comparison to the Explorers (or the CTX, for that matter). It's just as deep, if not a bit deeper, it's MUCH faster, and thus better in terms of its ability to separate closely-adjacent targets; bottom line -- it is an excellent machine. I believe, after swinging the Equinox for well over a year now, that my silver and wheat finds are just as good/plentiful as they were with FBS, I find more Indians and old nickels with the Equinox, and I have no more trash in my pouch at the end of the day, after an Equinox hunt, versus an Explorer hunt. It's definitely a machine worth considering, if you like the Explorer...

Just my 2 cents.

Steve

Pretty much what sgoss66 said

They HAD one HUGE advantage. They were here first and coins were a lot easier to find back then!:lol:

John, the display screen showed where crown caps hit 99% of the time.

Plus what others said about explorers.

The NOX has different software and is high gain, deeper targets, more targets that are angled or straight up and down, even in parks that you have hunted many times.

Tony N. J.