Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Curious, How Many Now Own The New Apex? Are You Planning On Purchasing One?

After seeing so many used ones for sale in such a short time I decided to pass.
There are a few reasons why we have seen some purchased and then soon passed on, and I think that are all explainable. I am not saying it all made sense, just that it can be explained.

• Some people can afford to buy a new detector simply to check it out,.

• Often a consumer will buy a new detector to see if they happen to like it better than their favorite that they are using.

• In many cases, I have read where the Apex was purchased simply because it offers a SMF option, and the user is a dedicated SMF ONLY user, is brand-loyal, so they let it go.

• I personally know some who didn't hang onto it because there were no accessory coils for it, yet, especially smaller-size for hunting dense trash.

• And then there were / are those who like to have a multi-adjustable detector and felt the Apex needed to have more 'adjustability' so they let it go.

Personally, I bought one as early as I could get it, used it to learn it, then compared it with the other makes and models I had on-hand with a comparable-size search coil. I have taken them to a number of easy-to-hunt sites as well as some tough-condition sites, and overall I have been favorably impressed with the Apex, and surprisingly impressed with the Viper coil performance. I definitely want and need a decent smaller-size search coil for more challenging environments, but for what the consumer price is, the Apex offers some very decent in-thee-field performance.

I was so impressed I bought a 2nd new Apex just to be ready for the release of a smaller-size search coil so I can keep two of them at-the-ready with different coils that complement each other. In law Enforcement I carried firearms and ammunition that was different from what some others carried. I shot combat matches with different firearms than what most other competitors used. I have enjoyed bird, upland game and big game hunting all my and I hunt with the makes and models and ammunition (kind of like a search coil) that I felt best suited my needs, and not everyone liked the same choices as I did.

I knew people who bought a new r different firearm, tried it out, and then parted with it. No big deal, and that didn't suggest anything negative to me about the product. just that we all have our own likes and dislikes. Besides, in some cases I have acquired a really fine detector that made me happy for a reduced price by purchasing a hardly-used unit someone bought and sold for a lot less. There can be a bright side to everything.

I know one thing and that is I have TWO of the new Garrett Apex devices and neither of them are going on the market, and for good reason.

Monte