Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Curious....who's been lucky enough to ever find a US gold coin??

A local guy here is rumored to have found a Quarter Eagle ($2.50). If we can find him and he would let us scan it I will come back and update. A friend has a $1.00 coin that rang solid low nickel on my Fisher F75.

I found a 1856 gold one dollar a few years ago one of the coins ai dug with me xterra 70 before getting a nox. It’s the coin in my avatar. I just set there for about thirty minutes staring at it. And calling my buddies while I was still in my knees at the hole.

I found a 1856 gold one dollar a few years ago one of the coins ai dug with me xterra 70 before getting a nox. It’s the coin in my avatar. I just set there for about thirty minutes staring at it. And calling my buddies while I was still in my knees at the hole.
Well congratulations - you got more than 7centsworth that day!
Tony

My above post should have said it was one of my last coins I dug with my xterra. FoR some reason it said ai. Yes it was definitely more than 7 cents worth. Lol

Thats an amazing find for sure !! Congrats.. Was it found in and old park or meadow , or maybe an old homestead ?? Was it already damaged when you retrieved it ? Sure is beautiful non the less..

It was found at a civil war camp. Yes it was damaged when I found it. I just cleaned the dirt off and left it like it was.

Im pretty sure if I find a gold coin that I wouldnt remember my name 30 seconds later…..😂😂

I was lucky enough to find a 1911 $2.50 coin in a park in Montana. I was using a Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro (this was years ago), and the coin read up exactly as a pull-tab. I was hunting under a tree where the ground was really easy to dig, so I decided to investigate. If the digging had involved more work, I probably wouldn't have bothered. After all, it was probably only a pull-tab :)

-Ken

I was lucky enough to find a 1911 $2.50 coin in a park in Montana. I was using a Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro (this was years ago), and the coin read up exactly as a pull-tab. I was hunting under a tree where the ground was really easy to dig, so I decided to investigate. If the digging had involved more work, I probably wouldn't have bothered. After all, it was probably only a pull-tab :)

My Indian cent count went way up after I started digging all pull tab signals. But a gold coin is way better than a Indian cent. Congratulations on the 2.50 gold.

As you can see from my avatar, that is my first gold coin but it doesnt count as I found it England. 1695 William the 3rd Guinea. My second gold coin which is my first gold coin found in New Jersey,
It is a 1910-S $10. The only thing I can remember about about finding it was I kept swearing at myself all the way home. Of the 1000's of coins I have dug, why did I scratch this one !!!

Here's how I found it. I was hunting a beach one day and noticed that new pilings were set just in front of the boardwalk. When they drill the hole, they go down maybe 20 feet or more. Unfortunately most of the time, the sand they pull up ends up going back down once they pound the piling in. However, there is usually a cone of sand that remains around the piling. On occasion, I have some older silver that got pulled up. So whenever I see this, I go running. As usual I was finding almost nothing. I decided to go over to the row right by the boardwalk. I get this high tone and begin to dig, There were large pieces of concrete which made digging very difficult. I was having a a hell of time getting the target out. When I shook my scoop I saw a gold colored coin. I thought it was one of those dollar size gold tokens from the arcade that always gives you a heart attack. As I removed the sand from the coin, I started seeing something imprinted on the edge. Then I saw the eagle. Then I flipped it over and just wanted to die. My first US god coins and I put a gash right across the face. I just wanted to die and almost cried. So now when I look at the coin, I only look at the reverse!!!! To top things, off, I have also recently found my 3rd gold coin but that one doesnt count either as it was found in England, too. 1877 gold sovereign.

My next goal will be to find a Celtic gold stator with a little horsey on it.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Attachments

• william 3rd obverse.jpg
    william 3rd obverse.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 91
  • william 3rd reverse.jpg
    william 3rd reverse.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 1910Indian.JPG
    1910Indian.JPG
    475.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 1877Vickisovereign.jpg
    1877Vickisovereign.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 99
  • reverse1877 (1).jpg
    reverse1877 (1).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 98
As you can see from my avatar, that is my first gold coin but it doesnt count as I found it England. 1695 William the 3rd Guinea. My second gold coin which is my first gold coin found in New Jersey,
It is a 1910-S $10. The only thing I can remember about about finding it was I kept swearing at myself all the way home. Of the 1000's of coins I have dug, why did I scratch this one !!!

Here's how I found it. I was hunting a beach one day and noticed that new pilings were set just in front of the boardwalk. When they drill the hole, they go down maybe 20 feet or more. Unfortunately most of the time, the sand they pull up ends up going back down once they pound the piling in. However, there is usually a cone of sand that remains around the piling. On occasion, I have some older silver that got pulled up. So whenever I see this, I go running. As usual I was finding almost nothing. I decided to go over to the row right by the boardwalk. I get this high tone and begin to dig, There were large pieces of concrete which made digging very difficult. I was having a a hell of time getting the target out. When I shook my scoop I saw a gold colored coin. I thought it was one of those dollar size gold tokens from the arcade that always gives you a heart attack. As I removed the sand from the coin, I started seeing something imprinted on the edge. Then I saw the eagle. Then I flipped it over and just wanted to die. My first US god coins and I put a gash right across the face. I just wanted to die and almost cried. So now when I look at the coin, I only look at the reverse!!!! To top things, off, I have also recently found my 3rd gold coin but that one doesnt count either as it was found in England, too. 1877 gold sovereign.

My next goal will be to find a Celtic gold stator with a little horsey on it.

HH
Donna(NJ)
I believe it was my F75 and I dont look at numbers most time. All I know it was a high tone. The other 2 gold coins were found with a Deus. Again, I hunt by sound, not numbers.

And they dont count again because why????? Found is found!!!!!! Geez, dont take this wrong but I need to come touch you so that some of that luck rubs off on me!!!!!

Wow three gold coins. That is impressive that can’t be good one your heart. Lol. It had to of skipped on all three coins.

And they dont count again because why????? Found is found!!!!!! Geez, dont take this wrong but I need to come touch you so that some of that luck rubs off on me!!!!!
Trust me, its nothing but dumb luck !!!! Took me 15 years of hunting in England before I found my first gold !!! It was a very expensive coin !!! :))))))
If you have the means, it is worth the trip. Finding a US gold vs foreign, is slim to none. Most trips to England at least 1 person finds a gold coin. My last trip, some guy found 2 !!!
and I wasnt too far from him.

As far as counting, the post stated 'US gold coin' but I DO count all mine !!

Timing is everything in this hobby. Just being in the right place at the right time ,is 99% of finding great things. However, I do know some people that always seem to find the really
good stuff quite often. Me I have to work really hard at most everything. I hunt almost daily putting 4-5 hours. No one ever said it would be easy !!! But its so addicting !!!!! :)))))

HH
Donna

Wow three gold coins. That is impressive that can’t be good one your heart. Lol. It had to of skipped on all three coins.
Actually the last last one was definitely a heart stopper. I was in absolute suspended animation for about 10 seconds, I was gridding a field and finding nothing. When I flipped my spade over, out
'Rolled' the gold coin. I just coudnt believe what I was seeing. That one came out in pristine condition as it wasnt too deep.

Well I’m getting to feeling pretty frisky now that I dug up a silver dollar. This university area is still throwing some interesting stuff out at us so who knows!!