Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just curious.....................

MXTerer

One of the things that impressed me with the Etrac and explorers was that they had no ground balance function. It wasn't needed because of the FBS.
I am curious why it was brought back on the 3030 which is even more advanced.

You'll still be impressed! When the GB is turned off, it operates like the E-TRAC in that it automatically compensates for the mineralization in a vast majority of locations. In response to those demanding better performance and a more accurate TID in highly mineralized areas, the CTX 3030 also has the option of setting the Ground Balance. If you "got along" well with the manner the ground was "ignored" with your E-TRAC, you should do just fine setting the CTX 3030 to NO on ground balance, which is the default setting. HH Randy

So when ground balance is set to "no" the unit doesn't go into something like "auto ground tracking", it just ignores to the ground like the etrac does?

This is what I think is said about it in the sales material:

"For those areas with high levels of mineralization, the CTX 3030 introduces Ground Balance technology that, when used with Ground Coin Separation will stabilize target ID and help find those targets that have, up until now, been masked by ground noise."

When the GB is set to NO, it behaves just like the E-TRAC. HH Randy

Digger said:
You'll still be impressed! When the GB is turned off, it operates like the E-TRAC in that it automatically compensates for the mineralization in a vast majority of locations. In response to those demanding better performance and a more accurate TID in highly mineralized areas, the CTX 3030 also has the option of setting the Ground Balance. If you "got along" well with the manner the ground was "ignored" with your E-TRAC, you should do just fine setting the CTX 3030 to NO on ground balance, which is the default setting. HH Randy

Now here's a function I'm happy to see. I have a area I have hunted since the first Ground Balance Target I.D. machines came out. It is about one block square and is full of coal cinders mixed in with the soil, thick enough that you can actually see them on top of the ground. This area dates to the mid 1800's and I have found a few deep (ten inch's +) coins (halves) from those dates. I know there are Quarters, Dimes, and Half Dimes from those dates there as well but I haven't found them.

I had hoped the E-Trac would be my answer to this sight but the deep targets just didn't show up. I felt this was due to the high mineralization and the inability of not being able to manually set the ground balance. I would sure like to try one of these CTX 3030 's on this sight. To me that would be a great test for this new machine.

Time and money will tell. If I ever get that chance I will do a post on it. Rick IL