Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just curious

ralph

From anyone who has used a ctx, That coil appears rather large(from the picture), how does the machine respond in trash when 3 different objects are under the coil?

It depends on too many different factors. Like size of each target, depth in relation to each other, how close they are togather, etc. It gets pretty good seperation though.

I agree with Bill I have owned every model of Explorer and my CTX has damn good target separation in comparison. The thing to worry about is how deep you have to dig with this thing, man it HAMMERS HARD on targets you would think the target is 4 inches down and the freaking thing deeep. I was hunting a field this week and we thought we had a large cent on the hook it was screaming, turned out to be a copper button about 3/8 inch in diameter 7 inches down we were stunned. I didn't even have the gain all the way up. I dug a dime on the beach that was easily 20+ inches deep, it was moderately fainter, in fact that's the only faint target I have dug so far, most targets up to about 18 inches give a solid signal. On an Explorer those target signals would be considerably degraded due to the depth. This was the beach mind you not the dirt. I have not had the CTX in the dirt for but about 90 minutes so the jury is still out on how much depth I can get out of it in the dirt.

11 inch coil does not seem all that big. The target separation seems very good, I think better than the Etrac. I can pick between several close targets.

Bill_S said:
It depends on too many different factors. Like size of each target, depth in relation to each other, how close they are togather, etc. It gets pretty good seperation though.

I agree with this, way to many variables to answer that. Target trace I've VERY valuable in that situation!

Big Boys Hobbies said:
Bill_S said:
ITarget trace I've VERY valuable in that situation!

I thinks thats the right answer their...target trace is where its at when you have that situation. I can pick out 3 objects all the time under that coil and if you have splatter effects in the coin area you have trash in my experiece..its pretty easy to figure out and amazing!!